Cindy Ballreich

Default Seeking advice and suggestions

Have you considered looking into a charter club?

A good charter club with a lot of different boats will allow you
to learn boating skills from more experienced members and
instructors, and will allow you to try out different types of
boats and see what *really* fits your needs. (Or just as
importantly, find out what doesn't meet your needs!)

My husband and I looked at (and almost bought) a couple of boats,
but financial issues forced us to wait. While waiting we joined a
charter club so we could be on the water. It wasn't the same as
owning our own boat, but we learned a *lot* about boating from
people we would never have met otherwise. We also learned that
the boats we had been interested in would not have met our needs.
We finally did buy a boat. It's a bit more of a "project" than we
had hoped, but if we can survive the refit we know she will be
perfect for us.

We are sailors and it sounds like you are interested in power
boats, but there are clubs out there that should have what you
are looking for.

Best of luck

Cindy

Reinoud

Why it is so difficult to get clear
answers from people is not something which I understand!
I would have believed everyone would be stepping all over
themself to show me things to research, but not a lot of
this has this happened. I have read from several, of things
which I should go and read, but everyone uses this strange
new terminology and this jargon. Is there a good online
dictionary of yacht-language?

You can find good background information about sailing, boats and
cruising at:
- http://www.sailnet.com/resources/boa...e/view_profile

My two favorite books a
- "This Old Boat" from don casey
(lot of basic information for owner's of "old" boats)
- Boatowner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual
(pretty much the mechanical bible for boaters)

If you thinking about buying a boat. Check www.marinesurvey.com.
Remindes you to take some time before buying.

Groeten,

Reinoud
(urgh my english sucks)

Ante Topic Mimara

Cindy Ballreich wrote:

Have you considered looking into a charter club?

This is an excellent suggestion! I shall immediately
begin looking for such a thing, with the hopes that I
may join with it!

A good charter club with a lot of different boats
will allow you to learn boating skills from more
experienced members and instructors, and will allow
you to try out different types of boats and see what
*really* fits your needs. (Or just as importantly,
find out what doesn't meet your needs!)

Yes! I would rather find out that someone else's boat
was not what I wanted, than what I had was not what my
boat was that I wanted. This makes sense perfectly to me.

My husband and I looked at (and almost bought) a
couple of boats, but financial issues forced us to
wait. While waiting we joined a charter club so we
could be on the water. It wasn't the same as owning
our own boat, but we learned a *lot* about boating
from people we would never have met otherwise. We also
learned that the boats we had been interested in would
not have met our needs. We finally did buy a boat. It's
a bit more of a "project" than we had hoped, but if
we can survive the refit we know she will be perfect
for us.

This has come from beginning as things for me to learn,
and what I have learned is not now what I thought I had
to learn. I thank you.

We are sailors and it sounds like you are interested
in power boats, but there are clubs out there that
should have what you are looking for.

Oh I hope so!

Best of luck

And to you dear lady!

---
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Ante Topic Mimara

Reinoud wrote:

You can find good background information about sailing,
boats and cruising at:
- http://www.sailnet.com/resources/boa...e/view_profile

Yes, I think this might be a source of note. Thank you.

My two favorite books a
- "This Old Boat" from don casey
(lot of basic information for owner's of "old" boats)
- Boatowner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual
(pretty much the mechanical bible for boaters)

If you thinking about buying a boat. Check www.marinesurvey.com.
Remindes you to take some time before buying.

I am learning more! It is what I seek to do! Thank you!

---
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Paul

Because he's a troll. Notice the lame writing style and dippy answers.
It worked, though.

I've got 5 bucks says he is the same guy as Nomen Nescio and Imran Anwar.

Fascinating.

Paul

He needs a hobby or something.

Yeah, preferably something besides boating.