Ante Topic Mimara

Default Seeking advice and suggestions

Cindy Ballreich wrote:

Have you considered looking into a charter club?

This is an excellent suggestion! I shall immediately
begin looking for such a thing, with the hopes that I
may join with it!

A good charter club with a lot of different boats
will allow you to learn boating skills from more
experienced members and instructors, and will allow
you to try out different types of boats and see what
*really* fits your needs. (Or just as importantly,
find out what doesn't meet your needs!)

Yes! I would rather find out that someone else's boat
was not what I wanted, than what I had was not what my
boat was that I wanted. This makes sense perfectly to me.

My husband and I looked at (and almost bought) a
couple of boats, but financial issues forced us to
wait. While waiting we joined a charter club so we
could be on the water. It wasn't the same as owning
our own boat, but we learned a *lot* about boating
from people we would never have met otherwise. We also
learned that the boats we had been interested in would
not have met our needs. We finally did buy a boat. It's
a bit more of a "project" than we had hoped, but if
we can survive the refit we know she will be perfect
for us.

This has come from beginning as things for me to learn,
and what I have learned is not now what I thought I had
to learn. I thank you.

We are sailors and it sounds like you are interested
in power boats, but there are clubs out there that
should have what you are looking for.

Oh I hope so!

Best of luck

And to you dear lady!

---
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.