Default Oh, Canada

In article y9IHh.9213$kf.145@trndny02,
NE Sailboat wrote:
Wilbur ,, if you for some unknown reason happen to bump into me ... not that
you would ever do this ... but just in case...

This isn't a possibilty. Neal, aka Wilbur, a troll, doesn't sail. Do a
web search on Neal Warren. You'll see what I mean.

And I said "Hey, Wilbur, you owe me a new Awlgrip job and that cost
$12,000".

Are you going to pay it ??

He doesn't have $0.12 to his name.

Are you taking risk or collision?

He risks a collision every time he gets on his bicycle.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

Roger, you have to understand that "Wilbur Hubbard" is really Capt.
Neal, who seems to have lost his uninsurable "banana boat" in the
hurricanes last year. Since he has no assets beyond his appliance
box, he is unconcerned about liability issues.

* Roger Long wrote, On 3/7/2007 6:56 PM:
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

A nice long simplistic tirade hardly worth repeating here.

I would be perfectly happy to take full responsibility for my own
actions and go bare. However, insurance covers a lot of other things,
like the boat sitting unattended at a dock while you are shopping that I
would like to be covered for. With current environmental regulations,
the break up of the boat could expose you to costs way beyond the price
of the boat. The only way to get insurance for those things is to buy
the whole package. Losing the boat would be one thing, spending the
rest of my life destitute or delaring bankruptcy at my age would be
another.

I'll get the insurance and go to Canada when I can go long enough to
justify the cost. This year, I'll still have a great time but just in
different places.

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
Wilbur ,, if you for some unknown reason happen to bump into me ...
not that you would ever do this ... but just in case...

And I said "Hey, Wilbur, you owe me a new Awlgrip job and that cost
$12,000".

Are you going to pay it ??

He'll no I ain't gonna pay it. That's extortion and you know it. One
little scratch doesn't entitle you to a whole new paint job. You're only
entitled to get the scratch buffed out and painted to match. To be made
whole, so to speak. I can buff and paint with the best of them. I would
pay for a haul-out if necessary and I would paint the boo boo myself.
More likely, I'd be able to do job in the water. You'd get nothing more
from me other than an "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." If you're
gonna live life you gotta take the good with the bad. The most you
should expect is to not be out of pocket because of some idiot damaging
your boat.

See, that's exactly the problem with insurance I'm talking about. Idiots
think if they get a little boo boo they deserve a whole new boat. Then
they complain to high heavens about ridiculous premiums. Sorry but
things don't work that way in the real world. If you want insurance to
pay for extortion then expect to pay confiscatory rates for insurance.
You get what you pay for.

Wilbur Hubbard

In article ,
"Roger Long" wrote:

There's no question that I can get the insurance but another survey
and significantly higher premiums put the cost up to where it seems
pretty steep for a week or two of cruising.

?? You can't get a rider with your existing company??

When we went a bit out of our normal range (250 nm down the ICW), I
think we paid $50 for a month's coverage out to 50 or 100 nm off shore.
When we moved the boat up the Delaware for over-winter, they added the
Delaware River and Bay for no extra charge.

It's not like you're going to materially change the type of cruising
you do.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's NEW Pages: http://web.mac.com/jerelull/iWeb/Xan/

Well then ... my lawyer will be seeking to take your home.

I'm sure it is worth $12,000.

And no .. Wilbur. You are not about to work on my boat. No way.

I want the guy at the marina. The one who brags about the $80,000 dollars
he extorted .. oopps I mean made ... last year doing paint jobs of
sailboats.

================

* NE Sailboat wrote, On 3/7/2007 8:38 PM:
Well then ... my lawyer will be seeking to take your home.

I'm sure it is worth $12,000.

Would you really pay $12,000 for a refrigerator box? This is Neal
you're talking about. His home, boat, cat, and all of his body parts
would leave you about $11,700 short.

NE Sailboat wrote:
[...]

"Wuilbur" doesn not ahve a home...he has a bicycle...a dinghy...a
sailboard..and a voodoo doll named katy...and that's all he
has...oh..and his ancient laptop...you can't bleed blood from a rock..

Well then ... my lawyer will be seeking to take your home.

I'm sure it is worth $12,000.

And no .. Wilbur. You are not about to work on my boat. No way.

OK, it's a free country and your choice. So instead of my repairing your
paint job to perfection I would be willing to offer you cash for what my
labor is worth to fix the boo boo. I estimate it would take me about
three hours total to fix some scuffed paint. For what my labor is worth,
about forty dollars an hour, I'd be willing to offer you $120. I'd round
it up to $150 for paint and supplies. You don't think I'm stupid enough
to get gouged for 12 large for a simple scuffed paint job do you? Do I
look like an insurance company to you

Wilbur Hubbard

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 01:38:31 GMT, "NE Sailboat"
wrote:

my lawyer will be seeking to take your home.

Heh, you can probably get his park bench without a lawyer.

"NE Sailboat" wrote in

Larry ,, maybe Roger is just looking for an excuse to remain tied to
the dock!

With a new "sailing partner", being dockbound isn't so bad...unless there
are also livaboards across the finger pier complaining her moaning and
screaming are waking them up...hee hee. Damned boats have such thin
hulls, you know...(c;

If I see a boat up there near Portland with "If this Boats a Rockn ,,
don't come a knocking"

Yeah, the mast always waves like a flag on that boat, saying, "Look What
We're Doing!" to everyone walking down the dock. You can gaze out over
any marina full of sailboats and note which ones are having an especially
good time by watching the mast tips moving, even when there's no wakes...
(c;

Larry

Canada's health care crisis Scott Weiser General 663 December 31st 10 01:32 PM
Which cities have ocean access? Aimee Shimlis Cruising 15 November 21st 05 10:37 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Oh Canada! Bob Crantz ASA 0 July 17th 04 03:32 PM