Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Oh, Canada

Roger, you have to understand that "Wilbur Hubbard" is really Capt.
Neal, who seems to have lost his uninsurable "banana boat" in the
hurricanes last year. Since he has no assets beyond his appliance
box, he is unconcerned about liability issues.

* Roger Long wrote, On 3/7/2007 6:56 PM:
Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

A nice long simplistic tirade hardly worth repeating here.

I would be perfectly happy to take full responsibility for my own
actions and go bare. However, insurance covers a lot of other things,
like the boat sitting unattended at a dock while you are shopping that I
would like to be covered for. With current environmental regulations,
the break up of the boat could expose you to costs way beyond the price
of the boat. The only way to get insurance for those things is to buy
the whole package. Losing the boat would be one thing, spending the
rest of my life destitute or delaring bankruptcy at my age would be
another.

I'll get the insurance and go to Canada when I can go long enough to
justify the cost. This year, I'll still have a great time but just in
different places.