Glenn Ashmore

Default Boat Show Shoes?

I need suggestions for the best boat show shoes. Regular deck shoes
look nautical and you can keep them on while inspecting many boats but
they leave a lot to be desired when you have to walk around in them for
10 or 12 hours. Loafers are not much better and you have to take them
off every time you board. Tennis shoes have to be unlaced every time
you board a boat that allows no shoes.

I am looking for a pair of white rubber soled shoes that have good
support and can still be slipped on and off without having to tie and
untie them while balancing half a ton of sales literature.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Dave Skolnick

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
I need suggestions for the best boat show shoes.

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/mens_figawi_low.asp

Never tried them (I'm a Sebago Docksides guy) but they look like they
have good arch support and they ARE deck shoes. $80.

dave

Peggie Hall

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
I need suggestions for the best boat show shoes. Regular deck shoes
look nautical and you can keep them on while inspecting many boats but
they leave a lot to be desired when you have to walk around in them for
10 or 12 hours. Loafers are not much better and you have to take them
off every time you board. Tennis shoes have to be unlaced every time
you board a boat that allows no shoes.

I am looking for a pair of white rubber soled shoes that have good
support and can still be slipped on and off without having to tie and
untie them while balancing half a ton of sales literature.

The only shoes I've ever been able to survive standing on my feet at a
boat show in are New Balance shoes...and if my feet, legs and lower back
don't hurt after standing in 'em on a cement floor for 4-5 days, they
should get you through one or two. I don't know if they make a slip on,
though...mine are the lace up boat shoes they make for Sperry. But who
says they have to be boat shoes--or even white shoes--as long as they're
comfortable and have a light colored sole?

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Florida Keyz

try payless
Lew Hodgett

"Glenn Ashmore" writes:

I need suggestions for the best boat show shoes. snip

Got a Payless in your area?

I buy low cut white tennis shoes with Velcro straps to use a "resin" shoes
when I'm laying glass.

$12-$15/pair.

Will provide adequate support for a couple of days at a show.

"show duty". Been there, done that, never want to do it again.

HTH

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

Peggie Hall

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"show duty". Been there, done that, never want to do it again.

I thought I was done with it when I sold my company...then I had to go
and write a damned book!

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

RichH

New Balance / Harken loosely tied will work great.

BTW ... for those boat reps that require NO shoes to enter, consider to
show up and tell the salesperson that you are definitely INTERESTED in
'making a deal' ....TODAY. Then from your plastic shopping bag take
out and put on a Tyvek cleanroom jumpsuit with hood, face mask, latex
gloves, goggles, knee high clean room booties ..... and tell them that
you definitly dont want to become soiled/contaminated FROM their
'product' because of all the accumulated foot fungus, sweat, exfoliated
foot cells, etc. on the cabin sole .... while you 'finalize' your
decision. I think they will get the message.
I wonder if their warantee is void if you wear proper boat shoes once
you own it?

You also could have an artist, etc. 'paint on' a pair of socks on your
docksiders .... just as long the paint job matched your tube socks no
one would even notice!

;-)

Karin Conover-Lewis

There is also the problem that at some boat shows, and on some boats, they
don't care whether you're wearing boat shoes or not -- ALL shoes must be
removed before boarding. This is particularly true of the Long Beach and
Newport Beach shows, where as many as 25% of the boats being shown allow no
shoes of any kind. Just wear snazzy socks and the most comfortable walking
shoes you can find and still get on and off easily, I would say.

Or maybe you should be "Gellin'," as the Dr. Scholl's commercial insists.
;-)

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
Glenn Ashmore wrote:
[...]

Larry W4CSC

Wonder why they can't make a deck tougher than penny loafer soles?

When they make you take off your shoes, don't you always get the
feeling their afraid you're gonna fall through the deck into the
bilge?....(c;

I noticed the Bayliner sales staff always makes everyone take off
their shoes....hee hee....Wonder why?

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:17:16 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

I need suggestions for the best boat show shoes. Regular deck shoes
look nautical and you can keep them on while inspecting many boats but
they leave a lot to be desired when you have to walk around in them for
10 or 12 hours. Loafers are not much better and you have to take them
off every time you board. Tennis shoes have to be unlaced every time
you board a boat that allows no shoes.

I am looking for a pair of white rubber soled shoes that have good
support and can still be slipped on and off without having to tie and
untie them while balancing half a ton of sales literature.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?

Detroit Boat Show L. Sikorski General 5 February 13th 04 04:32 AM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM
Interesting boat ride...... Gould 0738 General 21 October 21st 03 02:00 AM
Interesting history on a pretty neat boat..... Gould 0738 General 3 August 29th 03 03:24 PM