L. Sikorski

Default Detroit Boat Show

Anybody going? Last year's show was unspectaculer.
RGrew176

Yep, I will be there. Actually our Boat Club has a booth there this year. We
are conducting a membership drive and will be selling our 2004 fundraiser
tickets. We will be at booth A-60 just north of the information booth in the
center of the hall.

I will be there most days. I will be leaving early on the 7th because I have to
attend a Commodores Ball that evening. Any rec.boats regulars who are in the
Detroit area please stop by our booth and say hi.

Rick Grew
Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

P.S. you don't have to buy a ticket but we are giving away a 2004 Zodiac Cadet
310 inflatable and a Merc 9.9 as first prize.

Hope to see some rec.boats regulars there. Stop by and say hi, ask for Rick and
hopefully I will be there somewhere in the hall. It's going to be difficult to
spend 9 days there and not buy a new boat but I will be strong.

70 days to go..
Paul Schilter

I'm in New Baltimore, too far for me to go. Caught the one at Metro Beach
last year.

"L. Sikorski" wrote in message
om...
Anybody going? Last year's show was unspectaculer.

N.L. Eckert

I stopped going to the Cobo show when it was no longer possible to park
under Cobo in the basement. The hassle of parking and getting to the
show isn't worth it. We had a nice boat and fishing show going at the
Silverdome for many years. Not a big show, mostly smaller boats and a
lot of fishing & electronic gear. Easy to get to and a nice way to
spend a few hours on a cold February day. That got moved to Ford Field
(Lions Stadium, downtown Detroit), so means the same hassle to get to &
from. I understand that there is still a small boat show at the
Siverdome, but not like it was before. Also, its in early January,...
a bit too early for most boaters.

Brian Bonner

You can still park in the basement of Cobo Hall. That is where I parked
yesterday when I went to the Boat Show. You can also park on the roof or in
Greektown and take the People Mover to Cobo.
I stopped going to the Cobo show when it was no longer possible to park
under Cobo in the basement. The hassle of parking and getting to the
show isn't worth it. We had a nice boat and fishing show going at the
Silverdome for many years. Not a big show, mostly smaller boats and a
lot of fishing & electronic gear. Easy to get to and a nice way to
spend a few hours on a cold February day. That got moved to Ford Field
(Lions Stadium, downtown Detroit), so means the same hassle to get to &
from. I understand that there is still a small boat show at the
Siverdome, but not like it was before. Also, its in early January,...
a bit too early for most boaters.

Can't you park on the roof of Cobo? Or did they close that off too?

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights

Activist
http://www.denninger.net Tired of spam at your company? LOOK HERE!
http://childrens-justice.org Working for family and children's rights
http://diversunion.org LOG IN AND GET YOUR TANK STICKERS TODAY!

"Karl Denninger" wrote in message
k.net...

In article ,
N.L. Eckert wrote:

[...]

RGrew176

I parked in the basement under Cobo Hall on Saturday and Sunday with no
difficulties. Since then I have parked at Greektown and taken the People Mover
over to Cobo again, no problems. Besides that the People Mover only costs $.50
each way while parking at Cobo costs much more.

Not the best of shows this year. Quite a few manufacturers are not there
Cruisers and Doral just to name 2. Our Boat Club has a booth there and we are
selling our fundraiser raffle tickets and recruiting members. From what the
vendors are saying and some of the dealers this is a really down year. Not may
buyers. We have only sold about 275 of our raffle tickets at $5 each in 5 days.
There are still some nice boats there. The 39' Sea Ray is a beaut and not
typically overpriced at $343K IMO. If I had that kind of money I would consider
it. Oh well, tomorrow night the lotto is up to 150 million, time to buy a
ticket.

63 days to go..