Glenn Ashmore

Default Boat Show Shoes?

John wrote:

Go for a pair of the boating sneakers. If they want you to take them
off to board their boat, simply say no thanks, and leave. Their is no
good reason for them to ask you to remove clean boating shoes. If more
people simply refused to take their boating shoes off, they would
change their minds, they need people to buy their products. No
lookers, no customers.

The production builders like Catalina, Hunter and Bendytoe don't worry
about shoes but the ones I really want to visit and leave drool spots on
the settee are usually privately owned and loaned to the builder for the
show. It takes a lot of guts to let 10,000-15,000 people wander through
your boat so I have no objection to honoring their wishes.

My motives may be a bit different than most attendees. I am not there
to buy. I am there to check out details and steal ideas. :-) That does
have a down side though. After visiting a Hinkely a couple of years
back I came home and ripped out all the steam bent cabinet edges and
rebuilt them in thinner veneers. :-0

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Kathy Mumma

I was wondering if the Annapolis Boat Show will be a washout because of
Isabel? We were planning to attend, but with all the haulouts, I was afraid
boats in attendance would be kinda sparse?
I would like to go, even if I have to practice walking on my "hands" to see
the inside of the boats!
Tee Hee
Kathy M. (wannabe boatee)
"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message

John wrote:

[...]

Don White

Ah! the price of fame. Look what it did to Ben & Jen.

Peggie Hall wrote in message

I thought I was done with it when I sold my company...then I had to go
and write a damned book!

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Peggie Hall

Kathy Mumma wrote:
I was wondering if the Annapolis Boat Show will be a washout because of
Isabel? We were planning to attend, but with all the haulouts, I was afraid
boats in attendance would be kinda sparse?

The show is more than 3 weeks off...Isabel will be long gone by then.
It's owners who are hauling boats, not dealers...the dealers be showing
the new '04 models, shipped in from the builders in time for the show.
But the dealers won't worry about relaunching any boats they already
have...they can't take orders for boats they can't show...so there won't
be any shortage of boats to see.

But if you haven't already booked a hotel room, boats to see is likely
to be least of your worries unless you have a car and can drive half an
hour...'cuz everything within walking distance of the show is booked
months in advance. You'll be lucky to find a room closer than the
airport hotels at BWI.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Glenn Ashmore

No. Isabel will be gone and almost forgotten by then. I would guess
that many of these boats are on their way down from Newport. The show
actually gets installed in the week before it opens. The docks can't be
installed until the inside boats are all in place. Also while we come
for a day or two the vendors have to stay for two weeks for both the
sail and power shows so, although Annapolis is a nice place the vendors
have no desire to get there to early. :-)

I believe it will be a little sparser this year more because of the
economy than the weather. I have heard from several vendors that they
just can't afford to come this year.

John wrote:

[...]

Kathy Mumma

Just booked a hotel in Grasonville MD for the 10th. We stayed there for the
Bay Bridge Boat Show. Not the most prestigious digs, but right around the
corner from the best seafood in MD; Harris Crab House and they have a water
taxi to the Show.
SCORE!
thnx
Kathy M.

John wrote:

[...]

I'm building a 45' cutter in strip/composite. Watch my progress (or

lack

Detroit Boat Show L. Sikorski General 5 February 13th 04 04:32 AM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM
Interesting boat ride...... Gould 0738 General 21 October 21st 03 02:00 AM
Interesting history on a pretty neat boat..... Gould 0738 General 3 August 29th 03 03:24 PM