Glenn Ashmore

Default Boat Show Shoes?

Rosalie B. wrote:

Having used Tyvek booties, I would be concerned that they would be
slippery which wouldn't be good on a boat. My husband slipped on some
aluminum dust that was on his shoes (due to putting in mast steps) and
fell down the companionway into the main saloon dislocating his
shoulder. Plus were you thinking that people would wear them from
boat to boat? They'd get just as dirty as shoes.

Even socks are slippery unless you put non-skid on them, which would
rachet the cost up.

The ones I was thinking about have a soft knobby grip surface on the
soles. I got a box for the boat shed 'cause when we were glassing the
hull the shed floor was awash in epoxy. They worked really well until
the epoxy started setting up. Then the problem was definitely not
slipping. It was moving. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

LaBomba182

Subject: Boat Show Shoes?
From: Peggie Hall

You put up the money for the booties, I'll find the sponsors.

Deal!

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

From: Glenn Ashmore

To late for this year but we need to remember that for next year's show
season. :-)

We! Do you have a mouse in your pocket Glenn? :-)

Capt. Bill
LaBomba182

From: Peggie Hall

So...where in Annapolis shall we hold the first board meeting?

Your booth?

Capt. Bill

Peggie Hall

From: Glenn Ashmore

To late for this year but we need to remember that for next year's show
season. :-)

We! Do you have a mouse in your pocket Glenn? :-)

Capt. Bill

Let's not shut out any potential investors!

--
Peggie
----------

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Peggie Hall

LaBomba182 wrote:
So...where in Annapolis shall we hold the first board meeting?

Your booth?

Capt. Bill

Not my booth, but my publisher's...it'll be too busy. This will have to
be a lunch or dinner meeting.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Glenn Ashmore

Peggie Hall wrote:
LaBomba182 wrote:

So...where in Annapolis shall we hold the first board meeting?

Your booth?

Capt. Bill

Not my booth, but my publisher's...it'll be too busy. This will have to
be a lunch or dinner meeting.

Thursday or Friday is fine with me.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

John

Glenn Ashmore wrote in message ...
I need suggestions for the best boat show shoes. Regular deck shoes
look nautical and you can keep them on while inspecting many boats but
they leave a lot to be desired when you have to walk around in them for
10 or 12 hours. Loafers are not much better and you have to take them
off every time you board. Tennis shoes have to be unlaced every time
you board a boat that allows no shoes.

I am looking for a pair of white rubber soled shoes that have good
support and can still be slipped on and off without having to tie and
untie them while balancing half a ton of sales literature.

Go for a pair of the boating sneakers. If they want you to take them
off to board their boat, simply say no thanks, and leave. Their is no
good reason for them to ask you to remove clean boating shoes. If more
people simply refused to take their boating shoes off, they would
change their minds, they need people to buy their products. No
lookers, no customers.

I did this at the Norwark show a few years ago at one of the large
sport fishing manufacturers boats. They knew I was representing a
buyer, I said no and went to leave. They let me on with my shoes.
Peggie Hall

Go for a pair of the boating sneakers. If they want you to take them
off to board their boat, simply say no thanks, and leave. Their is no
good reason for them to ask you to remove clean boating shoes. If more
people simply refused to take their boating shoes off, they would
change their minds, they need people to buy their products. No
lookers, no customers.

I did this at the Norwark show a few years ago at one of the large
sport fishing manufacturers boats. They knew I was representing a
buyer, I said no and went to leave. They let me on with my shoes.

I'm inclined to side with the boat dealers on this one, at least when it
comes to outdoor shows. Shoe soles pick up a lot of grit etc...and it's
one thing to let the odd one or two people who absolutely refuse to take
off their shoes, quite another to let several hundred--even a thousand
at a large show like Annapolis or Miami--people track it aboard,
grinding it into the deck and carpet. A boat can take more wear and tear
in a single show than any owner can do to it in several years. And you
wouldn't believe some of the stories I've heard about the things people
will do...everything from using the head (and not just liquid waste) to
having sex in the aft cabin to changing the baby and leaving the dirty
diaper in a galley locker to giving an older child food that he smears
all over everything. Anyone who can pay for a ticket can get into a
boat show, and a surprising number of people are pigs. So I can't fault
boat dealers for doing as much as they can do to protect their boats.

Peggie

Detroit Boat Show L. Sikorski General 5 February 13th 04 04:32 AM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM
Interesting boat ride...... Gould 0738 General 21 October 21st 03 02:00 AM
Interesting history on a pretty neat boat..... Gould 0738 General 3 August 29th 03 03:24 PM