Default Winterizing...

"Larry" wrote in message
"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

We are currently between Ice Age cycles,

Actually, if you look at the graph I referenced from a downloadable PDF
file in alt.binaries.e-book.technical someone posted Nov 28th, we're in
one
of the coldest periods of Earth's history, only a couple of C warmer than
the ice age 300M years ago.

They keep manipulating the graphs to only show the NARROW picture they
want
you to see, not the whole graph where the CO2 was so intense it would have
killed us all...NOT caused by man, especially AMERICANS, as is always
reported....

Larry
--

Yes, but none-the-less I'm still hoping it gets warmer. ;-)

I suggest you take a look at some FACTS.

The seas have not had any measurable rise in the last 30 years.
Temperature rise? What temperature rise.

You should read STATE OF FEAR BY Michael Crichton.

He put this debate into a novel form that is easy to read and also has lots
of facts and references to the facts that you can look up and check for
yourself.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

Do humans *contribute* to increased CO2 levels? Naturally. But the
primary cause of global warming remains, IMO, natural fluctuations
that we are powerless to alter.

I didn't "sign on" to anything. Just showing the graphs of the FACTS...

Larry
--
If we eliminate religion, will they stop murdering each other?

In article ,
"Roger Long" wrote:

I suggest you take a look at some of the more conservative sea level rise
estimates and sit down with a chart of your beloved cruising areas and
ponder what they will look like.

Much like the Chesapeake, which has noticeably been rising for the last
4-500 years that we know of. Hasn't Venice been having a similar problem?

We haven't been taking accurate measurements long enough to extrapolate
even 100 years with any reliability. Knowing the field a bit, I doubt
they can accurately predict 10 on those numbers.

Maybe mankind *does* contribute, but ever look at how much particulate,
CO2, sulfur and such are put out by one volcano in comparison? And there
are lots of volcanoes, cows, insects and other assorted greenhouse
gas-producers.

A friend is a national Sierra Club officer. She has essentially called a
"draw" in our decades' old discussion on the subject. It's too easy to
tweak her nose by pointing out our respective vehicles and relative
carbon footprints.

Larry's post was *long* but seemed to show a valid other-side.

Personally, much as I like the shoreline, I'm not fool enough to *live*
on it. We're high on a hill, away from relatively-regular floods, say
every 100 or so years. Let the fools with more money than sense have the
headaches.

--
Jere Lull

Jere Lull wrote in news:jerelull-6E0294.21312604122006
@news.bellatlantic.net:

Personally, much as I like the shoreline, I'm not fool enough to *live*
on it. We're high on a hill, away from relatively-regular floods, say
every 100 or so years. Let the fools with more money than sense have the
headaches.

Precisely why the taxpayers shouldn't be subsidizing insurance payments on
the waterfront beach property of the rich on barrier islands. "National
Flood Insurance" is a scam on those of us with enough brains to live above
the flood plain....

Larry
--
If we eliminate religion, will they stop murdering each other?

IF it is a carbon problem, the fossil fuel production companies have
wasted half of all the natural gas ever found because it is
uneconomical to do anything with it except flare it off, if and when
someone requires them to burn it. Most oil comes with too much gas to
handle cheaply, and oil companies have no interest with encouraging
efficient consumption, insulation, etc.

It's the money.

Big cars and too much speed is one thing we can do something about.

I don't think we can do anything about the solar cycle, or the possible
boiling off of all the methane frozen in the seas. Ours wouldn't be the
first mass extinction, nor the last.

Terry K

Tim Tim is offline

We are currently between Ice Age cycles, and warming is a natural part
of that cycle. Sea levels rise and drop along with the ice

You folk talk like unemployed people who say they're in "Between jobs".

and how many supposedly millions of years does this cyclic take place?

in 20 years time will the earths temp be 99 f? or -20f?

in the 80's various leading experts preached that because of aresols
and r12 freon and various other hydrocarbonic pollutants, there's this
big hole in the upper atmosphere , causing arid conditions, and by the
year 2000 most of the earth will be a desert.

in the 90's various leading experts preached that because of aresols
and r12 freon and various other hydrocarbonic pollutants, there's this
big hole in the upper atmosphere, causing tropical conditions, and by
the year 2010, most of the earth will be under water.

Who's going to flip the coin for the next 20 years?

"Tim" wrote in news:1165905270.026253.172070
@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

Who's going to flip the coin for the next 20 years?

History repeats itself as many times as there are Federal funding cycles
for it.

Larry
--
Why is it, in any city, all traffic lights act as if they have rotary
timers in them, like they did in 1955, and are all set to create

Larry wrote:
snip

If we eliminate religion, will they stop murdering each other?

What's this WE and THEY crap? Some kind of megalomaniacle feuge state?
Psychotic episode? Bipolar excursion? Un unusual POV, certainly,
indicative!

How could any "WE" eliminate religion (whatever that is) from this
hypothetical THEY? If you believe there is an empowered WE or
subservient THEY here your belief is itself suspect, religious essense,
demonstrably fatuous, unfounded, blindly faith based, dogmatic, thought
numbing.

Should WE demand documentary proof of every precept relied upon by any
other making any statement?

Who will vette the documents YOU need bring?

It's not far off with the keep 'em terrified tactic, though. WE seem to
need just the right frisson of anxiety, somewhere between, "What the
hell, might as well spend it" and "We gotta save up for the next
famine."

=Crap! "See the glory of the vestments of the birds of the air.
Neither do they reap nor sow."

Oh, yeah, generally, birds get eaten by bigger nastier birds, or they
die of horrible diseases or starvation. Don't get me started on seals
and whale food- whatta waste!

Terry K

Winterizing Checklist Skipper General 27 November 10th 05 02:58 AM
Winterizing Air Conditioning Wayne B General 0 September 24th 04 05:30 AM
Winterizing Costs for Pontoon Boat El Penguini General 1 September 4th 04 02:53 PM
Winterizing in Sflorida Ed General 11 October 14th 03 02:40 PM