Default Winterizing...

"This Afternoon: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high
near 78. South wind around 11 mph."

Winterizing? You've got to be kidding!

Global Warming.....Is there a downside?

"Larry" wrote in message
"This Afternoon: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a
high
near 78. South wind around 11 mph."

Winterizing? You've got to be kidding!

Global Warming.....Is there a downside?

Bring it on! I wanna grow bananas in Wisconsin.

"KLC Lewis" wrote in news:I-KdnTjNcar-
:

Bring it on! I wanna grow bananas in Wisconsin.

9:45 PM............68F! Have some bananas...(c;

Larry
--
If we eliminate religion, will they stop murdering each other?

I suggest you take a look at some of the more conservative sea level rise
estimates and sit down with a chart of your beloved cruising areas and
ponder what they will look like.

I meet a lot of physical oceanographers and other such people in my line of
work. Believe me, they aren't talking about this stuff because it helps
them get grants. Quite the opposite. The idiot who couldn't find oil in
Texas but thought he could rebuild a society he knows nothing about with a
handful (relatively) of soldiers tried to get it set up that you couldn't
get funding if you talked about global warming. They persisted because they
are scientists. About the only ones who don't believe it now are those who
think it can't get warm because it is flat (which is why NASA had to fake
the moon landing).

Larry wrote:
"This Afternoon: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with
a high near 78. South wind around 11 mph."

Winterizing? You've got to be kidding!

Global Warming.....Is there a downside?

--
-- Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I suggest you take a look at some of the more conservative sea level rise
estimates and sit down with a chart of your beloved cruising areas and
ponder what they will look like.

I meet a lot of physical oceanographers and other such people in my line
of work. Believe me, they aren't talking about this stuff because it
helps them get grants. Quite the opposite. The idiot who couldn't find
oil in Texas but thought he could rebuild a society he knows nothing about
with a handful (relatively) of soldiers tried to get it set up that you
couldn't get funding if you talked about global warming. They persisted
because they are scientists. About the only ones who don't believe it now
are those who think it can't get warm because it is flat (which is why
NASA had to fake the moon landing).

The error here is in thinking that there is a "normal" state to the Earth.
We are currently between Ice Age cycles, and warming is a natural part of
that cycle. Sea levels rise and drop along with the ice -- just because we
have settled low-lying areas does not mean that the Earth's climate cycles
must respect our decisions.

On the bright side, think of all the NEW cruising grounds the rising sea
levels will give us!

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:43:11 -0600, KLC Lewis wrote:

The error here is in thinking that there is a "normal" state to the Earth.

nothing in what Roger posted suggested a "normal" state to the Earth

We are currently between Ice Age cycles, and warming is a natural part
of that cycle. Sea levels rise and drop along with the ice

true, but you aren't ignoring the dissolved gas evidence in ice core
samples at both poles that indicate that this current rise and rate of
rise of temperature is beyond anything recorded in those samples are you?
And that CO2, primarily as a result of fossil fuel burning by us clever
tool-making monkeys is the cause. Of course the gullible and weak-minded
acolytes of the flathead from Texas will attribute the real cause
to bovine flatulence; yet another insidious plot of international
terrorism

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
[...]

Interesting position -- anyone who doesn't sign-on to "Humans are the cause
of global warming" is gullible and weak-minded, and/or a Bu****e?

Do humans *contribute* to increased CO2 levels? Naturally. But the primary
cause of global warming remains, IMO, natural fluctuations that we are
powerless to alter.

Forget the cows. It's the termites we need to worry about. ;-)

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
et:

Do humans *contribute* to increased CO2 levels? Naturally. But the
primary cause of global warming remains, IMO, natural fluctuations
that we are powerless to alter.

I didn't "sign on" to anything. Just showing the graphs of the FACTS...

Larry
--
If we eliminate religion, will they stop murdering each other?

IF it is a carbon problem, the fossil fuel production companies have
wasted half of all the natural gas ever found because it is
uneconomical to do anything with it except flare it off, if and when
someone requires them to burn it. Most oil comes with too much gas to
handle cheaply, and oil companies have no interest with encouraging
efficient consumption, insulation, etc.

It's the money.

Big cars and too much speed is one thing we can do something about.

I don't think we can do anything about the solar cycle, or the possible
boiling off of all the methane frozen in the seas. Ours wouldn't be the
first mass extinction, nor the last.

Terry K

Tim Tim is offline

We are currently between Ice Age cycles, and warming is a natural part
of that cycle. Sea levels rise and drop along with the ice

You folk talk like unemployed people who say they're in "Between jobs".

and how many supposedly millions of years does this cyclic take place?

in 20 years time will the earths temp be 99 f? or -20f?

in the 80's various leading experts preached that because of aresols
and r12 freon and various other hydrocarbonic pollutants, there's this
big hole in the upper atmosphere , causing arid conditions, and by the
year 2000 most of the earth will be a desert.

in the 90's various leading experts preached that because of aresols
and r12 freon and various other hydrocarbonic pollutants, there's this
big hole in the upper atmosphere, causing tropical conditions, and by
the year 2010, most of the earth will be under water.

Who's going to flip the coin for the next 20 years?

Winterizing Checklist Skipper General 27 November 10th 05 02:58 AM
Winterizing Air Conditioning Wayne B General 0 September 24th 04 05:30 AM
Winterizing Costs for Pontoon Boat El Penguini General 1 September 4th 04 02:53 PM
Winterizing in Sflorida Ed General 11 October 14th 03 02:40 PM