KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Winterizing...

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I suggest you take a look at some of the more conservative sea level rise
estimates and sit down with a chart of your beloved cruising areas and
ponder what they will look like.

I meet a lot of physical oceanographers and other such people in my line
of work. Believe me, they aren't talking about this stuff because it
helps them get grants. Quite the opposite. The idiot who couldn't find
oil in Texas but thought he could rebuild a society he knows nothing about
with a handful (relatively) of soldiers tried to get it set up that you
couldn't get funding if you talked about global warming. They persisted
because they are scientists. About the only ones who don't believe it now
are those who think it can't get warm because it is flat (which is why
NASA had to fake the moon landing).

The error here is in thinking that there is a "normal" state to the Earth.
We are currently between Ice Age cycles, and warming is a natural part of
that cycle. Sea levels rise and drop along with the ice -- just because we
have settled low-lying areas does not mean that the Earth's climate cycles
must respect our decisions.

On the bright side, think of all the NEW cruising grounds the rising sea
levels will give us!