Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Winterizing...

In article ,
"Roger Long" wrote:

I suggest you take a look at some of the more conservative sea level rise
estimates and sit down with a chart of your beloved cruising areas and
ponder what they will look like.

Much like the Chesapeake, which has noticeably been rising for the last
4-500 years that we know of. Hasn't Venice been having a similar problem?

We haven't been taking accurate measurements long enough to extrapolate
even 100 years with any reliability. Knowing the field a bit, I doubt
they can accurately predict 10 on those numbers.

Maybe mankind *does* contribute, but ever look at how much particulate,
CO2, sulfur and such are put out by one volcano in comparison? And there
are lots of volcanoes, cows, insects and other assorted greenhouse
gas-producers.

A friend is a national Sierra Club officer. She has essentially called a
"draw" in our decades' old discussion on the subject. It's too easy to
tweak her nose by pointing out our respective vehicles and relative
carbon footprints.

Larry's post was *long* but seemed to show a valid other-side.

Personally, much as I like the shoreline, I'm not fool enough to *live*
on it. We're high on a hill, away from relatively-regular floods, say
every 100 or so years. Let the fools with more money than sense have the
headaches.

--
Jere Lull