Default Sailboat Popularity Question ... $4 per gal fuel

most stink pot operators are not smart
enough to learn how to sail....let alone
remember once taught....

Larry wrote:
"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in news:q9mBg.1554$Fl2.29
@trndny01:

I was at the fuel dock the other
day, a motor boat was filling up. $300 dollars for the fill up!

I watched a guy pass his credit card to the diesel dock attendant to pay
for the 8,400 gallons of #2 diesel fuel his beast drank. I'm too dizzy to
figure out the cost, just thinking about it....

Hell, in the ketch, 10 gallons will get us to Aruba!....(c;

--
Sea Ray Boats gave my email to Channel Blade to spam me.
phone 865-522-4181

One ****ty Sea Ray boat was enough....

If the ''Megayacht'' thread is any indication, most
powerboaters are too lazy to sail.

SBV

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message
> [...]
ON LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE - Rising gas prices are not just

hitting car drivers,
who are bemoaning paying $3 a gallon to go to work.

They're hitting people
at play, especially boaters, who now can pay around $4 a

gallon.

================================

I read this little snipet in a paper. And then I got to

thinking ??? Back
in the day ( the 70's ) sailboats were very popular, there

was even a song;

It's not far down to paradise
At least it's not for me
And if the wind is right you can sail away
And find tranquility
The canvas can do miracles
Just you wait and see
Believe me

It's not far to never never land
No reason to pretend
And if the wind is right you can find the joy
Of innocence again
The canvas can do miracles
Just you wait and see
Believe me

Sailing
Takes me away
To where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free

Fantasy
It gets the best of me
When I'm sailing
All caught up in the reverie
Every word is a symphony
Won't you believe me

It's not far back to sanity
At least it's not for me
And when the wind is right you can sail away
And find serenity
The canvas can do miracles
Just you wait and see
Believe me

The hottest songs from Christopher Cross

===============================

And now with the price of fuel, I wonder if there will be

a resurgence of
the popularity of the cruising sailboat. I was at the

fuel dock the other
day, a motor boat was filling up. $300 dollars for the

fill up! And this
was not a big boat. I put in $20 dollars. Got my sails

ready and paid the
wind a compliment. Off!

All this leads me to believe that there will be a shift in

the popularity of
the type of boats the public is buying. Let's face it;

there are lots of
good old sailboats for about $20,000. Compare that to a

big powerboat, with
its two big engines. I saw one for sale at the boatyard

the other day
......... asking: $47,000 dollars.

So, I get to thinking ??? Buy the $20,000 boat for say

$18,000 and then put
in around $25,000 in upgrades. Can you imagine how sweet

your sailboat
would be. God, you could have a D Trump yacht.

==================================

Just a thought before I head out.

===

Just another bit of info.

The tall ship Eagle is in Portsmouth, NH this weekend.

In article ,
Don White wrote:

I agree. Man I hated it when our skipper would invite new people for
our afternoon sail and they always *had* to be back for one thing or
another by 1600 or 1700 hrs. If I had known ahead of time, I probably
would have bailed out myself. This was one of the reasons I dropped off
as a crew member and moved up to my own bigger boat.

I tell people not to plan anything for "after" a sail, since we won't
know when after is until it arrives.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

Now I see that the Alaska pipeline is broken ..........
Talk is that gas, fuel is going to go through the roof. Lots of boats will
become "floats". But, the wind is still free.

=======================================

================================================== ==========================================

================================================== =========================================

And now with the price of fuel, I wonder if there will be a resurgence of
the popularity of the cruising sailboat. I was at the fuel dock the other
day, a motor boat was filling up. $300 dollars for the fill up! And this
was not a big boat. I put in $20 dollars. Got my sails ready and paid
the wind a compliment. Off!

All this leads me to believe that there will be a shift in the popularity
of the type of boats the public is buying. Let's face it; there are lots
of good old sailboats for about $20,000. Compare that to a big powerboat,
with its two big engines. I saw one for sale at the boatyard the other
day ......... asking: $47,000 dollars.

So, I get to thinking ??? Buy the $20,000 boat for say $18,000 and then
put in around $25,000 in upgrades. Can you imagine how sweet your
sailboat would be. God, you could have a D Trump yacht.

==================================

Just a thought before I head out.

===

Just another bit of info.

The tall ship Eagle is in Portsmouth, NH this weekend.

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:09:30 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

If the ''Megayacht'' thread is any indication, most
powerboaters are too lazy to sail.

All power boaters bow down in deference to your superior attitude.

May you someday sail in real waves.

wrote:

If the ''Megayacht'' thread is any indication, most
powerboaters are too lazy to sail.

All power boaters bow down in deference to your superior

attitude.

May you someday sail in real waves.

Thank you Wayne, you may now rise.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
Now I see that the Alaska pipeline is broken ..........
Talk is that gas, fuel is going to go through the roof. Lots of boats will
become "floats". But, the wind is still free.

Keep that on the QT. Otherwise some #$#%$ govt bureaucrat will be out
measuring our sails for a 'transportation tax'.