Gogarty Gogarty is offline

Default Sailboat Popularity Question ... $4 per gal fuel

In article ,
says...

Ryk wrote in
:

On 6 Aug 2006 23:16:06 -0700, in message

lid (Jonathan Ganz) wrote:

I tell people not to plan anything for "after" a sail, since we won't
know when after is until it arrives.

The down side of that is it can limit your options, as many of us do
have obligations. I find it much more important to have consensus
about how to respond to a calm. Last night we fired up the engine on
slow so as not to interfere with conversation, then fired up the BBQ
for dinner as we meandered home at about 3 and a half knots. The
entire day was very relaxing and part of that was knowing we had
multiple options.

Ryk

Aw, too bad. You might not have gotten back until...(gasp)....tonight!...

Whenever we invite someone for a sail and they say they have to be back by
such and such a time we disinvite them.