Larry

Peggie Hall wrote in
:

So Larry, your assignment--if you choose to accept it--is to find out
whether Sailnet has gone belly up or is still in business...whether, if
the "store" is closing, whether the site including all the email lists
will continue. The Boyles have obviously put up a site to to either
compete with it or replace it...which will it be?

Ok, I'll just copy my message I posted to rec.boats groups this morning:

Over in the binary group alt.binaries.pictures.sports.ocean I have posted
the pictures of my visit to Sailnet's main headquarters in N Charleston
TWICE this morning, just to make sure. Their hours were 0830-1700 ET so I
went there at 9AM. While I was in the parking lot, another sailor drove in
and said he couldn't get them on the local phone, get emails answered or
FAX them, either. He came to see what I saw.

At 9AM, as you can see in the pictures, the building was locked, a sign
said CLOSED stuck to the front door, the building was dark save for one
night light in the lobby, but, curiously, right inside the front door was a
running copy machine, which may also be the FAX machine. Its LCD display
was lit up. There's still power to the building.

Well, after going nowhere at 9AM, I walked across the parking lot to
Hospice of Charleston in the next building over and talked to the nice
ladies who were watering their sidewalk garden. I asked them if they'd
seen anyone at Sailnet, recently. One lady said she hadn't seen anyone in
the parking lot for "some time", as she put it. I walked around to the
County Clerk of Court's office in the back of the building and talked to
the ladies through the prison bars that protect them from angry voters.
They hadn't really noticed any activity, but weren't looking much.
Government employees, they run in a vacuum it seems. I wondered as I left
if they would have even notice the building burning they were in.

I went off to shop my local favorite thrift shop (found a brand new
fishtape, first class quality for $5). As it was after 10AM, I wandered
back to Sailnet to see if anyone had shown up. They had! There was a
nice, grey Mercedes C-230 sports car (see photo) parked in the closest slot
to the building, so I got out of my car, again, and went up to peer into
the darkened building. I knocked and knocked on the front door...no
answer. I walked around to the side of the building where their other
business, something called Oroton-something, and found the keyless entry
door also locked and no response to my knocking. I kept an eye on the
front of the building while I sat in the car, but finally gave up as
whoever was inside never appeared at any of the windows I could see. Maybe
he was contemplating Peggie Hall's latest suggestions while sitting on a
Porta-Pottie in the employee lounge. Maybe he was hiding, afraid I'd punch
out his lights for not delivering my stuff...(c;

Note to Scott - No rigging and no answers to many poundings. Sorry I can't
get to your rigging. If you need to have it picked up and can get the
building opened, I'd be glad to take it away for you to have it picked up
at my place.

I'm not saying Sailnet is history. Maybe they're relocating to palacial
new facilities in some posh industrial area, with 4 times the floor space.
But, from what you and I can see today.....it looks like they are DOT
BOMB...

If you're waiting for delivery on your credit card orders, better call your
card company and warn them. If you look at the Mercedes in the picture,
you'll see I handily photographed the LICENSE NUMBER, a SC tag that can be
traced to a person. Two places come to mind who might be interested in
your fraud case:

Charleston County Sheriff's Office - 843-554-4700
North Charleston City Hall/Cops - 843-554-5700

Ask them what they know and let them know you got no response.

If any of you are already members of Sailnet's webpage forums, you might
want to copy and paste this message and the pictures to their forum pages.
From reading a few of the posts, most people there don't even know usenet
exists, much less these newsgroups.

--
Larry

These are my observations taken 30 minutes and 1:30 after they usually open
on Tuesday. My OPINION is they are gone. Don't let they sway your
opinion. Just look at the pictures....

I have seen this grey Mercedes C-220 Kompressor sports car in the lot many
times, admiring it so I remembered it. But, whoever was in the building
from it would not answer the door I knocked on for many minutes...front and
side doors. The License Number can be easily traced by the cops.
Wise Man

Larry,

A fool and his money are soon parted. - English idiom

When one door shuts, another opens. - unknown

"Larry" wrote

> [...]
|
| Ask them what they know and let them know you got no response.
|
| If any of you are already members of Sailnet's webpage forums, you might
| want to copy and paste this message and the pictures to their forum pages.
| From reading a few of the posts, most people there don't even know usenet
| exists, much less these newsgroups.
|
| --
| Larry
|
| These are my observations taken 30 minutes and 1:30 after they usually open
| on Tuesday. My OPINION is they are gone. Don't let they sway your
| opinion. Just look at the pictures....
|
| I have seen this grey Mercedes C-220 Kompressor sports car in the lot many
| times, admiring it so I remembered it. But, whoever was in the building
| from it would not answer the door I knocked on for many minutes...front and
| side doors. The License Number can be easily traced by the cops.
Larry

"Wise Man" wrote in
eenews.net:

Larry,

A fool and his money are soon parted. - English idiom

When one door shuts, another opens. - unknown

And, I missed the point. Someone asked me to go to Sailnet near my home
and see what was there. I reported it. Am I a fool for trying to help
fellow sailors?

--
Larry
Jonathan Ganz

In article , Larry wrote:
"Wise Man" wrote in
reenews.net:

Larry,

A fool and his money are soon parted. - English idiom

When one door shuts, another opens. - unknown

And, I missed the point. Someone asked me to go to Sailnet near my home
and see what was there. I reported it. Am I a fool for trying to help
fellow sailors?

Larry, forget it... it's just a stupid troll.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Bluto

Hi Gary!

I hope you're having a good day. Don't forget about that complimentary
Databasix newsgroup service for me. I've got just the spot on my
propeller hat for the Databasix logo. I can even make the hat look like
one of those black helicopters you fly around in. Just a few more
reminders, change the batteries in the smoke detectors every time the
clocks are set forward or back and get an annual physical on or about
your birthday. I love those physicals, I squeeze my butt cheeks real
tight down on the doctors finger when he does the prostate exam. The
look on his face is worth millions! I'm such a practical joker!
hahahahaha! You should try it too. You can even add to the hilarity in
the doctors office by farting when he pulls out his finger. The nurse
standing by gets a kick out of it too. Let me know how it works for
you. Thank God you are not in England. You would be scheduling your
checkup for age 55 right now. God bless America and George Bush! Take
care and stay away from a starchy diet.

John Cairns

"Larry" wrote in message
"Wise Man" wrote in
eenews.net:

Larry,

A fool and his money are soon parted. - English idiom

When one door shuts, another opens. - unknown

And, I missed the point. Someone asked me to go to Sailnet near my home
and see what was there. I reported it. Am I a fool for trying to help
fellow sailors?

--
Larry

Thanks for the heads up. Scotty posted something a while back about sailnet
having a sale on wheel autopilots, when I finally looked it up last week I
noticed that they didn't list ANY wheel autopilots, I thought that was odd
at the time, all they had were a few accessories for the autopilots. Now it
makes sense, they're letting their inventory sell off without bothering to
let any of their customers know about their situation. I had heard the story
about the Boyles a while back from someone that knows them personally, he
wrote a fair number of online articles for them. Funny that the website is
still up, as are the e-mail lists, but I noticed tonight that the front page
has a large message that says "checkout temporarily disabled". Really is a
shame, I've purchased from these guys in the past and found their service
and pricing practically unbeatable. BTW, no one on any of the sailnet lists
mentioned anything about their problems.

John Cairns

rhys

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:40:21 -0400, Larry wrote:

"Wise Man" wrote in
reenews.net:

Larry,

A fool and his money are soon parted. - English idiom

When one door shuts, another opens. - unknown

And, I missed the point. Someone asked me to go to Sailnet near my home
and see what was there. I reported it. Am I a fool for trying to help
fellow sailors?

No, you are displaying seamanlike behaviour, in this case in a N.C.
parking lot, but your instincts are right.

Personally, I will now make noonsite.com my home page. It was
Sallnet.com for several years, but there's only so many times I can
look at "Sue and Larry's" viewpoints on head maintenance.

Ciao, bella!

R.

Steve Leyland

Gary L. Burnore wrote:
: On 19 Jul 2005 17:18:59 -0700, "Bluto"
: wrote:
:
:: God bless America and George Bush!
:
: More proof you're a ****ing asshole noted.

as if any more were needed!

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

The engine is running but there's nobody at the wheel.
"My suggestion is to completely ignore idiots like Leland. They are the
lowest form of pond scum. People like him have tried unsuccessfully in
the past to disrupt the newsgroup. The best medicine is to completely
ignore them. As I'm sure you'll see, they're most intelligent response
is to yell nasty names. Other than that, they have nothing."

JG, netKKKop, alt.sailing.asa
"Warning to all:
Steve Leyland is a trolling **** of the highest order. Killfile the
muppet now and move on. Even the briefest of searches on his past
UseNet posts will reveal the truth. You have been warned. *plonk*"

Bear, netKKKop, uk.rec.motorcycles
"I didn't delete any part of your meaningless, pointless, worthless
post in order to clearly demonstrate that you are the nemesis of
Usenet: the crossposting, non-editing, diagram-creating worthless,
dickless, brainless, gutless, mindless, ball-less, spineless, flaccid,
obese, fish-belly pale, ugly, VD-ridden, moronic, bald, hunch-backed,
flat-footed, odoriferous, obnoxious, fecal-smelling, buck-toothed,
physically handicapped, fungus-infected, HIV positive, mud-packing,
masturbating, whining, simpering, self-important, arrogant, egomaniacal
POS that takes up more bandwidth than a despicable binary-poster, and
for no apparent reason beyond seeing his own defecatory vomitus
slithering down the screen in vile green rivulets."

Admiral Halsey, alt.sailing.asa
"I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

Meow