John Cairns

"Red Cloud®" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:24:57 GMT, "John Cairns"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
"Wise Man" wrote in
eenews.net:

Larry,

A fool and his money are soon parted. - English idiom

When one door shuts, another opens. - unknown

And, I missed the point. Someone asked me to go to Sailnet near my home
and see what was there. I reported it. Am I a fool for trying to help
fellow sailors?

--
Larry

Thanks for the heads up. Scotty posted something a while back about
sailnet
having a sale on wheel autopilots, when I finally looked it up last week I
noticed that they didn't list ANY wheel autopilots, I thought that was odd
at the time, all they had were a few accessories for the autopilots. Now
it
makes sense, they're letting their inventory sell off without bothering to
let any of their customers know about their situation. I had heard the
story
about the Boyles a while back from someone that knows them personally, he
wrote a fair number of online articles for them. Funny that the website is
still up, as are the e-mail lists, but I noticed tonight that the front
page
has a large message that says "checkout temporarily disabled". Really is a
shame, I've purchased from these guys in the past and found their service
and pricing practically unbeatable. BTW, no one on any of the sailnet
lists
mentioned anything about their problems.

John Cairns

I saw posts in many of the sailnet lists about the growing problems. The
groups
I belong to have all migrated to sailjazz.com, which has all the same
group
titles.

rusty redcloud

Should have said, on any of the lists I subscribe to. I have noticed that
there is very little traffic on the lists these days, I attributed it to the
season.

John Cairns

Larry

"Scotty" wrote in
:

unmoderated forums that we host

Ah, some of the customers DARED say something on THEIR forums. I doubt
they even know about this one....(c;

--
Larry