S.Shortcake

Peter Wiley wrote:
: No ****, sherlock. Look at the headers. I'd suspect the late &
: unlamented Craphead Neal scrabbling desperately for attention yet
: again.
:
: For starters, I'd suggest killfiling *every* post from databasix.com.
: Improves the S/N ratio no end. And if there is a legitimate poster
: using that service, all I have to say is, lie down with dogs, get up
: with fleas. Too bad. Change providors.

....and then there is me. I happen to like ASA, (and my server also). I'm glad Mr. Leyland brought the froup to my attention. I find
most of teh on-topic poasts interesting, and a couple of teh poasters even more interesting. No, I know nothing about sailing, but I
know I like most things water related, and I enjoy learning.
My 2 cents.
Have a good one!

--
SS~

No matter how many times you've had it, if it's
offered take it, because it'll never be quite the same again.

(\~/) ,
) . . ( ((
((Y)) ))
) ( //
( )//
( | | | )
(m (m|m) m)
hjw
'97
Meow

The Snapper Trapper

Harry it is not smart to bait someone saying you have "all his particular",
especially since so many have all of your particulars.

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:47:16 -0400, "JimH" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:22:29 +0000 (UTC), Peggie Hall
wrote:

Boooh Hooooo! Nobody loves me anymore. Nobody's posting any
questions about sewage and boat sewage systems. I feel old and
useless. I realize I AM old and useless but I just hate it when I
FEEL old and useless...

Peggie has, over the years, been an (if not, *the*) outstanding
contributor to all of the rec.boats.* newsgroups. This is a
counterfeit post, certainly not made by Peggie, and illustrates the
depths that some of these newsgroup vandals are willing to stoop.

Beware of those willing to "save" the newsgroup by posting obscenities
and employing ridicule and derision of other posters... even those
driven to post unacceptable quantities of unacceptable political spam.

My suggestion is, if you are capable of filtering out unwanted
messages, delete all of those messages sent through even one
anonymiser and any message with political content.

The newsgroups are bound to win... boating surely will!

Thanks for the heads up. I was suspicious from the start.

We indeed need to put an end to this. Is there anyone out there that can
trace where this poster is located and his/her IP number? Certainly we
cannot let a simple remailer beat us.

Jim,

Unfortunately, it just isn't that simple. Remailers work akin to you
sending a letter to me... I erase the envelope and enclose it into
another envelope and re-mail it..... and on and on........ Nobody
short of the FBI is going to have the resources to track this sort of
drivel... especially since it isn't technically "illegal."

I have been able to eliminate this idiot's posts using an NNTP
server's filtering capability and Agent 3.x.... that is beyond the
energy level of most Usenet posters.....

.. and, by the way, it isn't just one poster.... it is at least two!

And... lest I enter the politico fray.... this is two or more of the
"conservative Republican" posters..... though we'll never know the
true (political) intent of posting... other than the obvious desire to
disrupt the flow of boating information, His/her political leanings
weren't really important since the newsgroup(s) were so politically
polarized, anyway...... it was a piece of cake to start a "good guys"
vs "bad guys" war.... anybody getting the moral lesson here?

I paraphrase.... but::

A house divided against itself cannot stand....

Bottom line.. BOTTOM LINE, guys...... is that ANY response to these
posts only fans the flames. Do you have the necessary self control?

Do you?

I'm pretty sure one of the culprits is the ass who posts here as
"Netsock," the twerp that whines so much about off-topic posts. Some may
recall several years ago that Netsock had some members of the group
"going" for a while by pretending, under yet another handle, to be some
sort of college student doing some sort of lame research. Plus, more
recently, Netsock has been whining about me a lot, in response to my
stating I believe he is one of the "anon" culprits.

If anyone is really interested, I have all his particular. Not hard to
get; the info is on his ham radio license.

Lady Pilot

wrote:

Boooh Hooooo! Nobody loves me anymore. Nobody's posting any
questions about sewage and boat sewage systems. I feel old and
useless. I realize I AM old and useless but I just hate it when I
FEEL old and useless...

C'mon people. How about a sanitation question or two to cheer me
up?

Geeze, I bought your book. Isn't that enough?

Obviously not, Sean.

LP

Lady Pilot

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Harry.Krause" wrote in message

I seriously doubt you are "engaged" jere with the real Ms. Hall.

If this is an impostor, she seems to be a perfect match for Dave Hall, for
reasons obvious to anyone who's taken even a basic psychology course in
college.

LOL!!!!!

Tell me how you know Dave Hall? roflmao

LP

Lady Pilot

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..

No ****, sherlock. Look at the headers. I'd suspect the late &
unlamented Craphead Neal scrabbling desperately for attention yet
again.

Always pointing a finger at your competion? hahaaaa

For starters, I'd suggest killfiling *every* post from databasix.com.

You will really miss out on a great bunch of people, but be the ostrich you
are...

Improves the S/N ratio no end. And if there is a legitimate poster
using that service, all I have to say is, lie down with dogs, get up
with fleas. Too bad. Change providors.

Not going to happen, Petie. Just because you want something doesn't mean
it's going to happen.

People are sick of katysails and Ganz getting their ISP's pulled for typing
words on the screen. Databasix offers freedom of speech. Sorry you can't
grasp that concept!

LP

PDW

In article , Harry.Krause
wrote:

Sandy K. wrote:
"Peggie Hall" wrote in message

Boooh Hooooo! Nobody loves me anymore. Nobody's posting any
questions about sewage and boat sewage systems. I feel old and
useless. I realize I AM old and useless but I just hate it when I
FEEL old and useless...

C'mon people. How about a sanitation question or two to cheer me
up?

I'll be asking questions next week. Boat is finally off the hard.
I'll be
transferring her to my slip over the weekend. End of last year I had an
electrical smell (beter tahn smelling you know what...) after
flushing - I'm
guessing it's the macerator pump. I'll be checking it out this weekend
and
suspect I'll be here with some questions.

Fortunately for you Peggy, poop questions are a fact of life that
won't go
away.....

Sandy K.

I seriously doubt you are "engaged" jere with the real Ms. Hall.

Lady Pilot

"Senor Fuentes" wrote:
I didn't check the headers, thanks for pointing it out. I'm afraid Capt.
Neal has passed away, a victim of foul play.

Nah, the truth be told, the man is a single handed sailor. He won't allow
anyone to help him do *anything*. I couldn't even make coffee for the
master, he accused me of trying to burn down his yacht! (After that, I
demanded coffee in berth)

It's only a matter of time
until we read about his bloated body washed ashore on some Carribbean
Island, the eyes peck out by gulls and Toredo Worms devouring his peg leg.

Sounds just like a kkkatysails fantasy! Have you been reading romance
novels?

LP gave him knock out pills, tied him up and dumped him overboard.

Who in the hell told you? I'm gonna have to do the same to them!

His fine
blue water cruiser was then cut up into pieces and now adorns the ceilings
of various waterfront bars.

Nah, I had it trucked up to Oklahoma so I could party on it on the weekends.
Why waste a nice yacht for a surly Capt. Neal?

How a fine, upstanding man could pass in such a
manner is beyond me. His notebook computer and internet service was then
pirated by a group of clownish internet dregs who post using his identity
when not tripping over their large, styrofoam shoes.

Nice imagination! I won't counter that one! heheee

It is still a monument
to his character that a group of a dozen clowns could not do to a
newsgroup
in months what the Great Master Mariner himself could accomplish in just a
post or two. He will most certainly be missed. America, and the world,
shall
never be the same.

I'm going to miss him to, if he doesn't come to see me on my birthday(coming
up soon)!

Rest in peace, Great Master Mariner.

He's resting, allright! LOL

LP

Senor Fuentes

wrote:

Sandy K. wrote:
[...]

Doug Kanter

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Harry.Krause" wrote in message

I seriously doubt you are "engaged" jere with the real Ms. Hall.

If this is an impostor, she seems to be a perfect match for Dave Hall,
for reasons obvious to anyone who's taken even a basic psychology course
in college.

LOL!!!!!

Tell me how you know Dave Hall? roflmao

LP

He's a guy who likes to play with his own feces. He drops by here now and
then to try and get others to join him. We administer a form of cathartic
psychotherapy, but after two years, we have not seen good results. We're
worried because he has kids, and they may be at risk.

JG

Doug, I think you've just described LP.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Harry.Krause" wrote in message

I seriously doubt you are "engaged" jere with the real Ms. Hall.

If this is an impostor, she seems to be a perfect match for Dave Hall,
for reasons obvious to anyone who's taken even a basic psychology course
in college.

LOL!!!!!

Tell me how you know Dave Hall? roflmao

LP

He's a guy who likes to play with his own feces. He drops by here now and
then to try and get others to join him. We administer a form of cathartic
psychotherapy, but after two years, we have not seen good results. We're
worried because he has kids, and they may be at risk.

Bill Deutschman

wrote:

Boooh Hooooo! Nobody loves me anymore. Nobody's posting any

C'mon people. How about a sanitation question or two to cheer me
up?

Peggy:

I'll rise to the challange. You argue that a holding tank needs lots
of ventillation to prevent odors. Most tanks don't have a large vent
hose so little exchange of air occurs and they are non-arobic.

Do you know of any system that uses a small air pump to bubble air
through the sewage to oxygenate it. Seems to me a small aquarium pump
would work but they all run on 115 volts and are noisy. This addition
would also require another hole in the tank but that is not hard to do
and would be worth the effort if the odors were eliminated.

bill
olcbill at charter dot net

Bill Deutschman, PhD Providing Laser Safety Training,
Oregon Laser Consultants Safety Audits, Computer Safety
455 Hillside Avenue Programs and CDRH Certification
Klamath Falls OR 97601-2337 for Laser Users.
541.882.3295

Boater wannabe questions (Pacific Northwest area) Melandre General 8 June 6th 22 04:07 PM
Don't ask questions on boats - the Feds are watching! [email protected] General 14 April 22nd 05 04:10 AM
Don't ask questions on boats - the Feds are watching! [email protected] General 9 April 22nd 05 04:10 AM
Lots of questions :) GC General 7 September 16th 04 05:45 AM
Newbie questions Tony Kenny UK Power Boats 7 January 12th 04 08:44 PM