Default Whatever Happened to Thomas Foulkes, Ltd?

On Monday, October 13, 1997 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Paul Mathews wrote:
Does anyone know the story of the demise of the
famous London ship's chandler, Thomas Foulkes, Ltd?

Back in the early 80s, many of us took advantage of
a high US$ and bought lots of gear from TFL, and I
always wanted to see the place. However, I took a copy
of the 1988 catalog along with me to London last week,
and followed their directions out to Leytonstone to look
them up. They have vanished without a trace, and the
locals said that they'd gone bankrupt a few years back.

I'd appreciate hearing any further details. Thanks.

Paul Mathews, KD7ZI

My grandmas first cousin was Thomas foulkes grandad the famous inventor of the following filing cabinet.

On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 4:29:40 PM UTC+1, wrote:
My grandmas first cousin was Thomas foulkes grandad the famous inventor of the following filing cabinet.

The demise of Thomas Foulke in Leytonstone was some time ago but his spirit still lives on . The chandlery Barge in Swanick hampshire still provides the real Aladins cave that was Thomas Foulkes, new and second hand gear and Items that are hard to find, and whats more it is still run by members of the Foulkes Family. my first boat was fitted out with parts from Leytonstone and my current boat relies heavily on spares from swanick.