Default Whatever Happened to Thomas Foulkes, Ltd?

On Monday, October 13, 1997 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Paul Mathews wrote:
Does anyone know the story of the demise of the
famous London ship's chandler, Thomas Foulkes, Ltd?

Back in the early 80s, many of us took advantage of
a high US$ and bought lots of gear from TFL, and I
always wanted to see the place. However, I took a copy
of the 1988 catalog along with me to London last week,
and followed their directions out to Leytonstone to look
them up. They have vanished without a trace, and the
locals said that they'd gone bankrupt a few years back.

I'd appreciate hearing any further details. Thanks.

Paul Mathews, KD7ZI

Hi Paul,
I as well I'm sad to hear that they have closed. Working for Air Canada, I used to go very often and was always amazed at the inventory. I would spend hours there, it was like a museum.I think I still have one of their catalogues somewhere in my basement.
Cheers,
Norm

What happened to ASA? [email protected] ASA 60 October 22nd 08 03:36 AM
Has this ever happened to you? Harbin Osteen Cruising 1 June 29th 07 10:34 PM
What Happened Rob? Joe ASA 6 September 24th 06 07:15 PM
What happened, Joe??? Jonathan Ganz ASA 3 November 4th 04 01:44 AM