LAKENUT

Default WHAT HAPPENED ?????

I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

Wayne.B

On 29 Jun 2006 17:54:33 -0700, "LAKENUT"
wrote:

I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

B O A T =

Break

Out

Another

Thousand

(possibly more in your case)

basskisser

LAKENUT wrote:
I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

Are you yelling to be heard above the engine noise??

LAKENUT

basskisser wrote:
LAKENUT wrote:
I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

Are you yelling to be heard above the engine noise??

No engine is not very loud only when at high rpms.

JohnH

On 30 Jun 2006 15:08:28 -0700, "LAKENUT" wrote:

basskisser wrote:
LAKENUT wrote:
I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

Are you yelling to be heard above the engine noise??

No engine is not very loud only when at high rpms.

My first guess would be that you hit something. Is the prop bent? Any
visible damage to the outdrive? There are lots of things that *could*
break, and perhaps a few of the knowledgeable folks here can give you some
ideas of what to check.

The comment about 'yelling' had to do with your use of all caps, which is
frowned upon.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

Oh, shit. It happened to me. Roger Long Cruising 15 July 8th 06 12:04 AM
What Happened Ozzy? Thom Stewart ASA 0 April 22nd 06 09:40 PM
What happened to Horvath? Lady Pilot ASA 0 April 7th 06 04:05 AM
what happened to...? RB Electronics 2 January 1st 06 10:32 PM
What Happened? Capt. Rob ASA 11 November 10th 05 01:31 PM