BoatBanter.com

-   -   WHAT HAPPENED ????? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/71218-what-happened.html)

LAKENUT June 30th 06 01:54 AM

WHAT HAPPENED ?????

I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

Wayne.B June 30th 06 02:30 AM

WHAT HAPPENED ?????

On 29 Jun 2006 17:54:33 -0700, "LAKENUT"
wrote:

I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

B O A T =

Break

Out

Another

Thousand

(possibly more in your case)

basskisser June 30th 06 08:08 PM

WHAT HAPPENED ?????

LAKENUT wrote:
I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

Are you yelling to be heard above the engine noise??

LAKENUT June 30th 06 11:08 PM

WHAT HAPPENED ?????

basskisser wrote:
LAKENUT wrote:
I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

Are you yelling to be heard above the engine noise??

No engine is not very loud only when at high rpms.

JohnH June 30th 06 11:42 PM

WHAT HAPPENED ?????

On 30 Jun 2006 15:08:28 -0700, "LAKENUT" wrote:

basskisser wrote:
LAKENUT wrote:
I HAVE A 1987 SUPRA SUNSPORT INBOARD BOAT 351V8 WITH VELVET DRIVE
TRANS. BOAT WAS PULLING STRONG RUNNING GREAT WHEN A SUDDEN CRACK WAS
HEARD. ENGINE RUNS GOOD, PROP WILL NOT TURN SOUNDS LIKE SOMTHING BROKE
BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND TRANS. ANY IDEAL??

Are you yelling to be heard above the engine noise??

No engine is not very loud only when at high rpms.

My first guess would be that you hit something. Is the prop bent? Any
visible damage to the outdrive? There are lots of things that *could*
break, and perhaps a few of the knowledgeable folks here can give you some
ideas of what to check.

The comment about 'yelling' had to do with your use of all caps, which is
frowned upon.
--
John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****