posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Whatever happened to...

Electra Springs? It was a recreational area on part of the Mokelumne River
years ago. There was a placid pool-like part where kayakers practiced their
eskimo rolls, and lower down, kids would wade around in the rocky parts
catching little critters. It was wonderful. Now all I can find on the web
is some references to the Electra Run. Is this in the same area? Does
anyone know? Has the area that used to be called Electra Springs been
ruined by some water project? I'd like to go back there -- I think I could
find it -- but I don't want to go all the way up there just to find it's
been ruined.

Thanks for any info.

Linda

posted to rec.boats.paddle

Ms. Velveeta wrote:
Electra Springs? It was a recreational area on part of the Mokelumne River
years ago. There was a placid pool-like part where kayakers practiced their
eskimo rolls, and lower down, kids would wade around in the rocky parts
catching little critters. It was wonderful. Now all I can find on the web
is some references to the Electra Run. Is this in the same area? Does
anyone know? Has the area that used to be called Electra Springs been
ruined by some water project? I'd like to go back there -- I think I could
find it -- but I don't want to go all the way up there just to find it's
been ruined.

Thanks for any info.

Linda

Whatever happened to posts with a subject heading that properly defined
the actual question asked?
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Electra Mokelumne [Was: Whatever happened to...]

Yes, it absolutely was called Electra Springs. We're talking way back,
before time began, in the - gasp! - 1960s. :-) The pamphlet from which my
sisters and I learned of it could have been published as early as the 1950s
(the fella fishing had a crew cut, and his family looked oh so Ozzie &
Harriet on their little checkered picnic blanket). I don't know if the name
was accurate - referring to an actual spring nearby - but that was what the
pamphlet said, and when we went, there was still a sign that said that. I
have a picture of it somewhere in my old crap.

But thanks for the info! :-)

Ms. V

"Bill Tuthill" wrote in message ...
Ms. Velveeta wrote:
Electra Springs? It was a recreational area on part of the Mokelumne
River
years ago. There was a placid pool-like part where kayakers practiced
their
eskimo rolls, and lower down, kids would wade around in the rocky parts
catching little critters. It was wonderful. Now all I can find on the
web
is some references to the Electra Run. Is this in the same area? Does
anyone know? Has the area that used to be called Electra Springs been
ruined by some water project? I'd like to go back there -- I think I
could
find it -- but I don't want to go all the way up there just to find it's
been ruined. Thanks for any info.

It was never called Electra Springs as far as I know. The topo map
doesn't show any nearby spring. It is now the Electra picnic area
(and kayak put-in) near Electra powerhouse.

Pictures:
http://cacreeks.com/mok-elec.htm

Topo map:
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=...lon=-120.67028

posted to rec.boats.paddle

Whatever happened to posts with a subject heading that properly defined
the actual question asked?

Jesus, CT. If I'd known this group was inhabited by such sticklers for
mindless protocol, I might have posted somewhere else. It would be
understandable if this were a busier group, one in which people have to sift
through dozens of postings every day, but it's a slug! LOL

Ms. V
(wondering whatever happened to signing one's posts)

posted to rec.boats.paddle

Ms. Velveeta wrote:
Whatever happened to posts with a subject heading that properly defined
the actual question asked?

Jesus, CT. If I'd known this group was inhabited by such sticklers for
mindless protocol, I might have posted somewhere else. It would be
understandable if this were a busier group, one in which people have to sift
through dozens of postings every day, but it's a slug! LOL

Ms. V
(wondering whatever happened to signing one's posts)

You call it mindless protocol. I call it common courtesy (and proper
netiquette) not to waste the time of people who are here to help. I
post to several newsgroups and forums, and my time must be spent
efficiently, and I'm sure others here are in the same situation.
rant off

CT C-boater (OK?)

posted to rec.boats.paddle

CT CBoater wrote:
Ms. Velveeta wrote:
Whatever happened to posts with a subject heading that properly defined
the actual question asked?

Jesus, CT. If I'd known this group was inhabited by such sticklers for
mindless protocol, I might have posted somewhere else. It would be
understandable if this were a busier group, one in which people have to sift
through dozens of postings every day, but it's a slug! LOL

Ms. V
(wondering whatever happened to signing one's posts)

You call it mindless protocol. I call it common courtesy (and proper
netiquette) not to waste the time of people who are here to help. I
post to several newsgroups and forums, and my time must be spent
efficiently, and I'm sure others here are in the same situation.
rant off

CT C-boater (OK?)

Comming to Ms.V's aide (sort of).
I don't know why you blame her for not having the proper "netiquette"
in how to prevent you from wasting your own time!
It's up to you to filter and choose what you wish to click on!! You
only waste your own time!
Remeber some college prof's who we swore would just waste our
time....in my mind I was letting him waste my time! So the fault was
mine for sitting there! (it's weak, but valid! )

Now Ms. V....if nobody comes to your aide, you can't get 'miffed' as
you didn't follow the proper etiquette to let your post be easier to
filter for those not willing to click on everything in front of them!
I'm on a number of forums/boards where ppl use filters that filter out
such indescript subject lines! It's in your own best interest to
present your query with the proper neon lights and billboards so only
those interested will apply!

Cheers and go easy on each other, we all still have to get through a
monday tomorrow!

posted to rec.boats.paddle

mucker111 wrote:
CT CBoater wrote:
Ms. Velveeta wrote:
Whatever happened to posts with a subject heading that properly defined
the actual question asked?

Hee hee! Got ya to read it though, ya gotta admit! ;-)

It's all about advertizing!

John Kuthe...

posted to rec.boats.paddle

Oci-One Kanubi wrote:
wrote:
mucker111 wrote:
CT CBoater wrote:
Ms. Velveeta wrote:
Whatever happened to posts with a subject heading that properly defined
the actual question asked?

Hee hee! Got ya to read it though, ya gotta admit! ;-)

Yeh, but did it get her a satisfactory answer?

CT is right; a meaningless subject line gets us to read her post (in
order, perhaps, to help) only to discover that we know nothing of the
topic and would not have taken the time to read the message if the
topic had been properly stated.

But at least we are proving her subsequent point: this forum has become
a slug and we have clearly too much time on our hands. Back to BT for
me, where I can get into some SERIOUS quibbling! Oh... sorry... I
forgot... uhh, forgive my red face (but may I assure your many fans
there that you are alive and well? Some of them want to know, yanno?
If I tell them you are here, maybe this place will liven up!)

Yeah, you can certainly tell my "fans" I'm alive and well over on BT
and more specifically LL. Yeah, maybe it'll draw a few of 'em (at least
the good ones!) back to Usenet and RBP! :-)

The thing I miss the most about BT is not being able to email via BT to
a few of the folks over there whom I'd like to maintain contact with!
K1chik posted a question about routers the other day, and I was very
anxious to share with her my knowlege, but alas, I do not have her
email addy, so... :-(

John Kuthe, no longer a BTer, forevermore! ;-)

posted to rec.boats.paddle

The thing that I didn't understand when I first posted here -- and that some
who hang out here might not understand either -- is how very differently
newsgroup etiquette can be defined from group to group. I have spent most
of my newsgroup time (off and on for more than 10 years) in groups where
mysterious subject lines are commonplace and not frowned upon at all.
Obviously, I posted my question here because I thought it the best place to
find people who might know the answer.

Perhaps one reason this group is a slug is the way innocently misstepping
newcomers are treated.

Happy paddling, folks...

Ms. V

Oh, shit. It happened to me. Roger Long Cruising 15 July 8th 06 12:04 AM
WHAT HAPPENED? gonefishing ASA 11 April 9th 05 07:25 AM
Sorry -- don't know what happened Jim, General 5 March 29th 05 01:48 AM
What happened, Joe??? Jonathan Ganz ASA 3 November 4th 04 01:44 AM
what just happened? outboard problem Clams Canino General 6 August 20th 03 01:25 AM