[email protected] moearrows@gmail.com is offline

Default Whatever Happened to Thomas Foulkes, Ltd?

On Monday, October 13, 1997 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Paul Mathews wrote:
Does anyone know the story of the demise of the
famous London ship's chandler, Thomas Foulkes, Ltd?

Back in the early 80s, many of us took advantage of
a high US$ and bought lots of gear from TFL, and I
always wanted to see the place. However, I took a copy
of the 1988 catalog along with me to London last week,
and followed their directions out to Leytonstone to look
them up. They have vanished without a trace, and the
locals said that they'd gone bankrupt a few years back.

I'd appreciate hearing any further details. Thanks.

Paul Mathews, KD7ZI