Default Antarctica

Spectacular images from a tall ship sailing to Antarctica:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlayCY3jhJw

Bob Bob is offline

On May 13, 11:26*am, Larry wrote:

The polar ice caps are melting at -90F?

BULL****!
Larry

My dear confused friend. I recomend that you not look at the world
through a straw nor view a huge body of research using a single piece
of data to serve as a model.

LESSON: Take any set of data in a standard bell curve. I can simply go
to the 4 SD (standard devation) and find an eception contrary to the
the other accuratly described 99% of the subjects/data. Its simple in
any set of data youre going to find "out lyers" on the wiings or
tails. Lean basic statistics befor swallowing that swill in the public
media. Becoma a critical consumer of media not some fox network
zombie.

Even our former president Bush II and the Republican party admits to
global CLIMATE CHANGE. Granted for years they flatly refused to accept
modern information saying there was no such thing as global climate
change. Considering they were the clowns who also thought coal is
formed in 15,000 years and most likly still belive the world is flat
id say that is a remakable flip flop!.

Im a conserviative and belive it would be prudent and conserviative to
consider our planet at jepordy and actually do something about it
instead of mouthing off FOX News slogans who run those stories in an
attempt to increase ratings/profits from commercials sales.

Get smart
Get informed

Bob

"rockhopper" wrote in news:4bebd75d$0$22938
:

Spectacular images from a tall ship sailing to Antarctica:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlayCY3jhJw

No need to go that far. It's snowing in COLORADO tonight!

http://www.estesparkweather.net/webcam2.php

......and Kerry and Lieberman want you to pay $10/gallon in carbon tax on
your boat gas to prevent global warming!

--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.

Larry

Bob wrote in news:bae87436-7a5c-477a-9e75-
:

On May 13, 11:26*am, Larry wrote:

[...]

Oh, wait! There's PLENTY of "climate change"! It's been there for
billions of years and no amount of New World Order or new taxes will
change it one bit.

NO, no....Global Climate Change is a natural occurance...periods of
intense glaciation followed by periods just like the last few hundred
years....global warming until the next ice age caused by the solar
cycles.

Noone is denying global climate change.

No, that's not the question, even though when confronted they do the
same political bull**** you do. You say I deny "climate change", which
is simply not true. There, now you have it.

Now, let's talk about ANTHROPOMORPHIC climate change:
http://www.google.com/search?q=anthr...climate+change
Now we have a completely different topic. Are the HUMANS, those tiny
*******s loaded down with religious guilt by thousands of years of
religious delusion who simply MUST be responsible for everything in the
universe....and can change it for the better by SACRIFICING themselves,
their economies, their families, their way of life some guilty greenie
asshole wants to force upon them, guilty or not. The new question is
not about climate at all. It's about CONTROL by a new cult of tree
huggers, like Greenpeace (who has DIESEL SHIPS SPEWING OUT VAST
QUANTITIES OF CO2 and who fly hoards of demonstrators around the planet
in jet planes). Greenie hypocracies who want to put YOUR life back into
the age of the horse and buggie....but not themselves, of course.

There is not a single shred of honest evidence the tiny bit of CO2
HUMANS have put in the atmosphere, which does NOT accumulate any more
than all that 30 weight Quaker State motor oil we poured into your local
lake with our 2-stroke outboard motors running 15:1 mixtures for over a
hundred years did.

Now, let's go here and have a realistic look:
http://www.whrc.org/carbon/images/Gl...bonCycleLG.gif

The amount of TOTAL CO2 in the air, TOTAL FROM ALL SOURCES, is about 390
parts per million. To put that into perspective for a middle school
class a friend of mine teaches, we took 390ppm out of a 10,000 gallon
swimming pool in the gym of their school. That amounts to, ALMOST, but
not quite 4 gallons. 10,000 x .000390 = 3.9 gallons. So, with the pool
completely like glass, pump off, no agitation by 7th grade boys, the
students marked the pool wall then took out 3.9 gallons in plastic milk
jugs and made another mark how much of the total "atmosphere" was "CO2"
in the milk jugs. Of course, that's crazy! The pool never noticed all
the "CO2" missing. THEN, of the 3.9 gallons, using the data off this
chart for the 6.5PGm of HUMAN CREATED CO2 Gore and the warmers never
want to talk about....The HUMAN created "CO2" out of the pool amounts to
about 9.4 OUNCES out of a 10,000 gallon swimming pool.

If humans shut down COMPLETELY, A TOTAL CO2 BAN, only 6.5PGm of the
total CO2 pumped in and out of the atmosphere by the natural cycles (see
the chart! OPEN YOUR EYES, DAMMIT!) would make hardly any difference AT
ALL. Human CO2 has the same effect on the air banning the damned 65
cent/pound Refridgerant 12 and forcing the $8.98/12oz R-134a did....NO
EFFECT AT ALL.

The only effect banning either COMPLETELY would do is called ECONOMIC
DISASTER for all of us.

How stupid......

Your turn.............................................. ..

On May 13, 2:20*pm, Larry wrote:

Oh, wait! *There's PLENTY of "climate change"! *It's been there for
billions of years and no amount of New World Order or new taxes will
change it one bit.

NO, no....Global Climate Change is a natural occurance...

Noone is denying global climate change.

Hello Lary:

Then why did the Repubican party and Rush Limbaugh et al. deny global
warming and Global Climate Change for so long and then do a 180 flip
flop during the second administration of Bush II only to agree, yes,
our climate is changing dramitcally????????

What cause those repunlicans to change their mind? Or dont you
remember all those jokes about tree huggers and Gore being wacky to
even consider that our climat was changing?

What made Rush change his mind so rapidly and dramatically.
Bob

Larry

On Thu, 13 May 2010 21:51:32 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

On May 13, 2:20*pm, Larry wrote:

Oh, wait! *There's PLENTY of "climate change"! *It's been there for
billions of years and no amount of New World Order or new taxes will
change it one bit.

NO, no....Global Climate Change is a natural occurance...

Noone is denying global climate change.

Hello Lary:

Then why did the Repubican party and Rush Limbaugh et al. deny global
warming and Global Climate Change for so long and then do a 180 flip
flop during the second administration of Bush II only to agree, yes,
our climate is changing dramitcally????????

What cause those repunlicans to change their mind? Or dont you
remember all those jokes about tree huggers and Gore being wacky to
even consider that our climat was changing?

What made Rush change his mind so rapidly and dramatically.
Bob

Larry

I think the point is that there have been periods in the earth's
history when the climate has been both hotter and colder then it is
today.

The Thames River in England used to freeze over, the first River
Thames frost fair was in 1607; the last in 1814, villages were
destroyed by glaciers in Switzerland, ice caps increased in size, the
Atlantic Ice pack increased from around 1250, etc.

Was this drop in temperature caused by the world population generating
less CO2? Or is it considered a normal change in climate?

Is the present increase in temperature normal or caused by mankind? Is
there any specific evidence to prove the cause? My understand is that
there is a body of conflicting evidence which no one can categorically
state proves anything.

Another point is that most of the environmental furor is extremely
hypocritical. If CO2 is a problem they why not a ban on internal
combustion engines larger then, say 900 cc. ? I've driven a 900 cc
automobile and they will carry you where you want to go, you don't
need the SUV.

Why not a ban on internal combustion powered shipping entering U.S.
ports? We know that sailing ships work.

Outlaw more then one automobile in a family? Motorcycles limited to,
say 90 cc? No powered lawn mowers or dish washers, after all I doubt
if your grandmother had a dishwasher.

I could go on but no one is going to listen. No, they would rather
ride around in their SUV and weep crocodile tears.

The environment is like the weather, every one talks about it but
nobody actually does anything about it.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)
Bob Bob is offline

On May 13, 9:54*pm, Bruce wrote:

My understand is that
there is a body of conflicting evidence which no one can categorically
state proves anything.

Hello Bruce Good to hear from you. Long time to chat.

Yes, there are conflicting studies and studies that simply interpret
existing data to produce a new claim. Its is a very compelling
stratigie. All I have to do is pay some shister PH D from BP or
Chevron to publish some bogus study. Poof ! Now we have conflicting
body of literature since that occures we can continue saying: "Even
the experts doint agree" says Fox News reporter. Unfortuanly the
worlds reputable scientest doall all agree.................. humans
impact the worlds climate.

Another point is that most of the environmental furor is extremely
hypocritical. If CO2 is a problem they why not a ban on internal
combustion engines larger then, say 900 cc. ? I've driven a 900 cc
automobile and they will carry you where you want to go, you don't
need the SUV.

Why not a ban on internal combustion powered shipping entering U.S.
ports? We know that sailing ships work.

Outlaw more then one automobile in a family? Motorcycles limited to,
say 90 cc? No powered lawn mowers or dish washers, after all I doubt
if your grandmother had a dishwasher.

I could go on but no one is going to listen. No, they would rather
ride around in their SUV and weep crocodile tears.
Cheers,

Bruce

many people are listening except the teabaggers/republicans/fox
network keep screaming so loud its hard to hear a normal voice. Dont
they undersand they are simply pupets of big oil and big business....
hey larry hows it feel to be manipulated so easily?
keep up the good work Bruce.
hk hk is offline

On 5/14/10 12:51 AM, Bob wrote:
On May 13, 2:20 pm, wrote:

Oh, wait! There's PLENTY of "climate change"! It's been there for
billions of years and no amount of New World Order or new taxes will
change it one bit.

NO, no....Global Climate Change is a natural occurance...

Noone is denying global climate change.

Hello Lary:

Then why did the Repubican party and Rush Limbaugh et al. deny global
warming and Global Climate Change for so long and then do a 180 flip
flop during the second administration of Bush II only to agree, yes,
our climate is changing dramitcally????????

What cause those repunlicans to change their mind? Or dont you
remember all those jokes about tree huggers and Gore being wacky to
even consider that our climat was changing?

What made Rush change his mind so rapidly and dramatically.
Bob

Larry

No rational adults give a rat's ass what limbaugh says about anything.

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

On Thu, 13 May 2010 23:32:51 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

On May 13, 9:54*pm, Bruce wrote:

My understand is that
there is a body of conflicting evidence which no one can categorically
state proves anything.

Hello Bruce Good to hear from you. Long time to chat.

Yes, there are conflicting studies and studies that simply interpret
existing data to produce a new claim. Its is a very compelling
stratigie. All I have to do is pay some shister PH D from BP or
Chevron to publish some bogus study. Poof ! Now we have conflicting
body of literature since that occures we can continue saying: "Even
the experts doint agree" says Fox News reporter. Unfortuanly the
worlds reputable scientest doall all agree.................. humans
impact the worlds climate.

O.K. we'll assume that you are correct. what is being done about it? I
don't keep up with U.S. politics to any extent but I certainly haven't
seen anything being legislated that is going to have an effect on CO2
emissions.

Oh yes, we can horse around with a carbon tax but will that do
anything worthwhile? Certainly not as much as outlawing internal
combustion engines, or severely limiting their size. Sailing ships
only into U.S. ports!

And while they are messing about with carbon taxes the Chinese
smokestacks are still belching smoke. How about a law that nothing
more is to be imported from China unless they immediately cut carbon
emissions. But I very much doubt that anyone is going to mess with the
500 lb. Chinese gorilla.

[...]

I'm not sure what you mean about puppets of big oil and big business
as frankly I don't find it true. I hear people advocating all kinds of
conspiracy theories but I never see any evidence that it is true.

The "Weapons of mass destruction" is a perfect example. Advanced by
the President of the U.S. and the P.M. of G.B. and possibly others and
certainly repeated by a very large percent of the US population.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bob wrote in news:33ed16d6-eb32-45ec-947f-
:

Hello Lary:

Then why did the Repubican party and Rush Limbaugh et al. deny global
warming and Global Climate Change for so long and then do a 180 flip
flop during the second administration of Bush II only to agree, yes,
our climate is changing dramitcally????????

There is NO DENIAL that the climate is changing. We don't call it
"global warming" any more, because it has been GLOBAL COOLING for a long
time, now. Of course, that doesn't fit the POLITICAL AGENDA which is
MUCH more important to the greenies than anything to do with the
climate. Climate change is just the EXCUSE. The Bushes, and company,
are at the heart of the "New World Order", trying to create, in
association with their banker elites, GLOBAL GOVERNMENT. They could
care less about the climate. This is about POWER and MONEY and CONTROL
of the whole planet, an aim that dates back hundreds to thousands of
years.

Yes, our CLIMATE is changing dramatically.....as it always has for
BILLIONS of years! But, there is not a shred of evidence it is because
of HUMANS, as it's been going on for BILLIONS of years, long before we
evolved.

The other problem for the NWO propagandists is their failure to spot
that CO2 emissions always FOLLOW changes in temperature, not cause them.
The earth warms, 400-600 years LATER the CO2 rises. The earth cools,
400-600 years later CO2 DROPS......not the other way around! It's an,
to make a pun, "inconvenient truth" about CO2. The temperature of the
planet CAUSES the CO2 releases, mostly from the oceans, to increase or
decrease. The current trend and concentration of CO2 in the air is NOT
CATASTROPHIC and NOT anthropogenic! It's following the SAME lines 400-
600 years AFTER the last glaciation of the planet caused by solar cycles
as it always has done!

Our climate IS WARMING, or was until it started the current COOLING
trend. The CO2 cycle is well understood and is NOT anything unusual at
all.

Only the POLITICAL AGENDA of all of this noise is unusual. They never
used climate to try to take over the planet's countries, before....that
I know of.

What cause those repunlicans to change their mind? Or dont you
remember all those jokes about tree huggers and Gore being wacky to
even consider that our climat was changing?

Your hatred for any party or political nonsense has nothing to do with
the science, or didn't before the scientists figured out how profitable
the AGENDA of the politicians could be and sold their souls to the money
mongers. Leave the politics out of the discussion. They matter not.

What made Rush change his mind so rapidly and dramatically.
Bob

Rush matters even less. He's ENTERTAINMENT and has no need to be
truthful, any more than Comedy Central.

You need to get away from the Radio and TV propaganda machine and do
some basic research of your own. AGW isn't rocket science. It was
SNOWING in COLORADO the YESTERDAY in MAY! Warming my ass....

--
Larry

Sailing Antarctica rockhopper General 7 May 13th 10 10:44 PM
Just back from Antarctica - new gallery T.Heslenfeld[_2_] Cruising 1 December 22nd 08 07:01 PM
Sailing to Antarctica: photobook out now! T.Heslenfeld ASA 1 November 28th 07 02:23 AM
More Photos of the Antarctica Geoff Schultz Cruising 0 November 24th 07 07:46 PM