Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Antarctica

On Thu, 13 May 2010 21:51:32 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

On May 13, 2:20*pm, Larry wrote:

Oh, wait! *There's PLENTY of "climate change"! *It's been there for
billions of years and no amount of New World Order or new taxes will
change it one bit.

NO, no....Global Climate Change is a natural occurance...

Noone is denying global climate change.

Hello Lary:

Then why did the Repubican party and Rush Limbaugh et al. deny global
warming and Global Climate Change for so long and then do a 180 flip
flop during the second administration of Bush II only to agree, yes,
our climate is changing dramitcally????????

What cause those repunlicans to change their mind? Or dont you
remember all those jokes about tree huggers and Gore being wacky to
even consider that our climat was changing?

What made Rush change his mind so rapidly and dramatically.
Bob

Larry

I think the point is that there have been periods in the earth's
history when the climate has been both hotter and colder then it is
today.

The Thames River in England used to freeze over, the first River
Thames frost fair was in 1607; the last in 1814, villages were
destroyed by glaciers in Switzerland, ice caps increased in size, the
Atlantic Ice pack increased from around 1250, etc.

Was this drop in temperature caused by the world population generating
less CO2? Or is it considered a normal change in climate?

Is the present increase in temperature normal or caused by mankind? Is
there any specific evidence to prove the cause? My understand is that
there is a body of conflicting evidence which no one can categorically
state proves anything.

Another point is that most of the environmental furor is extremely
hypocritical. If CO2 is a problem they why not a ban on internal
combustion engines larger then, say 900 cc. ? I've driven a 900 cc
automobile and they will carry you where you want to go, you don't
need the SUV.

Why not a ban on internal combustion powered shipping entering U.S.
ports? We know that sailing ships work.

Outlaw more then one automobile in a family? Motorcycles limited to,
say 90 cc? No powered lawn mowers or dish washers, after all I doubt
if your grandmother had a dishwasher.

I could go on but no one is going to listen. No, they would rather
ride around in their SUV and weep crocodile tears.

The environment is like the weather, every one talks about it but
nobody actually does anything about it.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)