Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Antarctica

On Thu, 13 May 2010 23:32:51 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

On May 13, 9:54*pm, Bruce wrote:

My understand is that
there is a body of conflicting evidence which no one can categorically
state proves anything.

Hello Bruce Good to hear from you. Long time to chat.

Yes, there are conflicting studies and studies that simply interpret
existing data to produce a new claim. Its is a very compelling
stratigie. All I have to do is pay some shister PH D from BP or
Chevron to publish some bogus study. Poof ! Now we have conflicting
body of literature since that occures we can continue saying: "Even
the experts doint agree" says Fox News reporter. Unfortuanly the
worlds reputable scientest doall all agree.................. humans
impact the worlds climate.

O.K. we'll assume that you are correct. what is being done about it? I
don't keep up with U.S. politics to any extent but I certainly haven't
seen anything being legislated that is going to have an effect on CO2
emissions.

Oh yes, we can horse around with a carbon tax but will that do
anything worthwhile? Certainly not as much as outlawing internal
combustion engines, or severely limiting their size. Sailing ships
only into U.S. ports!

And while they are messing about with carbon taxes the Chinese
smokestacks are still belching smoke. How about a law that nothing
more is to be imported from China unless they immediately cut carbon
emissions. But I very much doubt that anyone is going to mess with the
500 lb. Chinese gorilla.

Another point is that most of the environmental furor is extremely
hypocritical. If CO2 is a problem they why not a ban on internal
combustion engines larger then, say 900 cc. ? I've driven a 900 cc
automobile and they will carry you where you want to go, you don't
need the SUV.

Why not a ban on internal combustion powered shipping entering U.S.
ports? We know that sailing ships work.

Outlaw more then one automobile in a family? Motorcycles limited to,
say 90 cc? No powered lawn mowers or dish washers, after all I doubt
if your grandmother had a dishwasher.

I could go on but no one is going to listen. No, they would rather
ride around in their SUV and weep crocodile tears.
Cheers,

Bruce

many people are listening except the teabaggers/republicans/fox
network keep screaming so loud its hard to hear a normal voice. Dont
they undersand they are simply pupets of big oil and big business....
hey larry hows it feel to be manipulated so easily?
keep up the good work Bruce.

I'm not sure what you mean about puppets of big oil and big business
as frankly I don't find it true. I hear people advocating all kinds of
conspiracy theories but I never see any evidence that it is true.

The "Weapons of mass destruction" is a perfect example. Advanced by
the President of the U.S. and the P.M. of G.B. and possibly others and
certainly repeated by a very large percent of the US population.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)