Default Boat buying sites

Hi
Anyone care to recommend a website listing most boats for sale.

I've got Yachtworld and YBW (same thing??) going but are there any others?

I look at some individual brokers' sites occasionally but it seems that
whatever they have rolls up into Yachtworld anyway.

Are there any that allow you to key in -bavaria -beneteau -hunter etc so you
can eliminate a lot of what you don't want to see?

Not critical, just curious

thanks

Hoges in WA

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 07:56:26 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

Hi
Anyone care to recommend a website listing most boats for sale.

I've got Yachtworld and YBW (same thing??) going but are there any others?

I look at some individual brokers' sites occasionally but it seems that
whatever they have rolls up into Yachtworld anyway.

Are there any that allow you to key in -bavaria -beneteau -hunter etc so you
can eliminate a lot of what you don't want to see?

Yachtworld advanced search has many filtering options.

http://www.boattrader.com/ allows searching by state

Craigslist is regional by design.

Google advanced search allows you to do nation wide search on Craigslist

wrote:

Hi
Anyone care to recommend a website listing most boats for sale.

I've got Yachtworld and YBW (same thing??) going but are there any others?

I look at some individual brokers' sites occasionally but it seems that
whatever they have rolls up into Yachtworld anyway.

Are there any that allow you to key in -bavaria -beneteau -hunter etc so
you
can eliminate a lot of what you don't want to see?

Yachtworld advanced search has many filtering options.

http://www.boattrader.com/ allows searching by state

Craigslist is regional by design.

I use the filtering on Yachtworld but I wish it had a minus or NOT function
so I could see what was in my range without having to already know the
keyword/s

I'll go check boattrader now. Thanks.
hoges in wa

Is that a stand alone reader for Craig's List?
I use CraigsList Reader Pro from CraigsPal. Sure beats the heck out
of manually checking/switching different locations with a Web Browser.
And it's free.
he
http://craigspal.com/
Rick

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
Hi
Anyone care to recommend a website listing most boats for sale.

I've got Yachtworld and YBW (same thing??) going but are there any others?

I look at some individual brokers' sites occasionally but it seems that
whatever they have rolls up into Yachtworld anyway.

Are there any that allow you to key in -bavaria -beneteau -hunter etc so
you can eliminate a lot of what you don't want to see?

Not critical, just curious

thanks

Hoges in WA

I found my Sabre on the Latitude 38 website (latitude38.com). It's mostly
regional, but they do list "south of the border" and a few other areas once
in a while.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

On 4/9/2010 2:56 AM, Hoges in WA wrote:
Hi
Anyone care to recommend a website listing most boats for sale.

I've got Yachtworld and YBW (same thing??) going but are there any others?

I look at some individual brokers' sites occasionally but it seems that
whatever they have rolls up into Yachtworld anyway.

Are there any that allow you to key in -bavaria -beneteau -hunter etc so you
can eliminate a lot of what you don't want to see?

Not critical, just curious

thanks

Hoges in WA

www.sailingtexas.com

Covers most of the US, and the near islands.

--

Richard Lamb

On 4/9/2010 2:56 AM, Hoges in WA wrote:
Hi
Anyone care to recommend a website listing most boats for sale.

I've got Yachtworld and YBW (same thing??) going but are there any others?

I look at some individual brokers' sites occasionally but it seems that
whatever they have rolls up into Yachtworld anyway.

Are there any that allow you to key in -bavaria -beneteau -hunter etc so you
can eliminate a lot of what you don't want to see?

Not critical, just curious

thanks

Hoges in WA

I should have added - on SailingTexas.com - do the Windows search
(ctrl-F) for a keyword. Skips to mi lou...

--

Richard Lamb

mmc mmc is offline

"cavelamb" ""cavelamb\"@ X earthlink.net" wrote in message
m...
On 4/9/2010 2:56 AM, Hoges in WA wrote:
Hi
Anyone care to recommend a website listing most boats for sale.

I've got Yachtworld and YBW (same thing??) going but are there any
others?

I look at some individual brokers' sites occasionally but it seems that
whatever they have rolls up into Yachtworld anyway.

Are there any that allow you to key in -bavaria -beneteau -hunter etc so
you
can eliminate a lot of what you don't want to see?

Not critical, just curious

thanks

Hoges in WA

www.sailingtexas.com

Covers most of the US, and the near islands.

--

Richard Lamb

Sailingtexas is about the most popular I've seen. The free sites like this
have driven boattrader almost out of business here in FL. There used to be
4-5 seperate books for the state but now we're down to 1 and it's pretty
thin.
I avoid brokers like the plague so I just use Yachtworld for the pretty
pictures.

"mmc" wrote in message
g.com...

[...]

Why so anti-broker? I thought they were supposed to act ethically etc etc.
hoges in WA