Rob V

Default Any sites on how to change the oil / regular maint for your boat?

Its time to change the oil in my boat. (My dealer did the first one) I
really dont want to trailer the boat 1 1/2 hrs just for him to change the
oil.

Are there any good sites that go thru how to do it? (What is needed,
etc...) also - what type of maint should be done at what hr mark?
Oil about every 20 - 25 hrs.
What else??

Thanks for any help you can offer this newbie.

Rob

You can reply to me at
r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m

remove _ to get the correct address

Stanley Barthfarkle

Valvoline Instant Oil Change pumped out my boat's oil for free.... I just
asked the manager which day was their slow day, and very politely asked if
they would evacuate the oil from my I/O for disposal. (I mentioned to him
that we have 3 cars which we service there, as well I would have gladly
paid 'em $10 to do it, but he offered it for free. Back home, I removed the
filter with an oil pad under it and replaced it, put in new oil, and I was
done.

If you can change your car's oil, the boat's not much harder once you get
the oil out of it.

"Rob V" wrote in message
r.com...
Its time to change the oil in my boat. (My dealer did the first one) I
really dont want to trailer the boat 1 1/2 hrs just for him to change the
oil.

Are there any good sites that go thru how to do it? (What is needed,
etc...) also - what type of maint should be done at what hr mark?
Oil about every 20 - 25 hrs.
What else??

Thanks for any help you can offer this newbie.

Rob

You can reply to me at
r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m

remove _ to get the correct address

elliott stage

I just did mine. The manager at the local West Marine suggested
I use a "Oil Boy" to suck the oil out through the dip stick tube.

You run the tubing down the hole and make it air tight. 8 to 10
pumps on the Oil Boy tank it creates a vacuum and the oil goes
into the Oil Boy tank. Transfer the oil into one gallon jugs and the
trash man takes it away.

This was way to easy.

Elliott

Fiberglass vs plastic bb General 74 March 15th 11 07:53 PM
Bought a Reinel 26' FamilySailor ASA 290 August 11th 04 02:29 PM