FamilySailor

Default Bought a Reinel 26'

Just bought a Reinel 26' for $7500 I pick it up Saturday. I have not been
able to find much information on this boat. The interior is huge!!!! And it
sure is pretty looking.

FamilySailor

Perfect boat for you.

Thanks, I thought so too. Have you ever sailed on one before?

DSK

FamilySailor wrote:
Just bought a Reinel 26' for $7500 I pick it up Saturday. I have not been
able to find much information on this boat. The interior is huge!!!! And it
sure is pretty looking.

Congrats on new boat! Have you taken it sailing yet?

There is not much info out there on the Reinell sailboats. It was a
motorboat company that tried to branch out just at the closing of the
boom years of the sailing biz. The boats of theirs that I've seen look
rather unconventional, which is why you'll hear some naysaying about
them; but they look fairly practical & roomy.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

FamilySailor

We may be backing out on buying the Reinel 26'. I have been looking for a
while and I know I can buy a much nicer boat for that price. Although it is
about the biggest sailboat I can find that is trailerable. I have not really
committed to buying the boat (as in no money changed hands and did not make
a verbal agreement). I have a friend who is checking out another 26'
trailerable sailboat for me this weekend. This one is the trailer sailor of
my dreams. Will say no more about it until I have money down on it or pass
it up, if it checks out okay that is. It sound pretty good (as it has not
been seen yet!)

DSK

FamilySailor wrote:
We may be backing out on buying the Reinel 26'. I have been looking for a
while and I know I can buy a much nicer boat for that price.

True enough, but "nice for the price" is in the eye of the beholder. If
it were cherry & well equipped??

... Although it is
about the biggest sailboat I can find that is trailerable.

C&C Mega 30.
S2 7.9
1988-1994 model MacGregor 26

If you hadn't mentioned that price is definitely an issue, I'd suggest
http://www.hankhinckley.com/26top.html

You can still look... sometimes I think this is really my dream boat...

... I have a friend who is checking out another 26'
trailerable sailboat for me this weekend. This one is the trailer sailor of
my dreams. Will say no more about it until I have money down on it or pass
it up, if it checks out okay that is. It sound pretty good (as it has not
been seen yet!)

It's worth your time to check it our really carefully. No matter how
thorough the inspection and/or survey, there are always surprises. But
you can minimize the big bad 'whoops'es... like the time I bought a boat
on reputation (the boat had won a major regatta the month before) &
quick inspection, only to have a minor but very noticable structural
failure about three minutes before the start of my first race in the
thing... learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough
to make them all yourself!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Scott Vernon

"FamilySailor" wrote ...
I have a friend who is checking out another 26'
trailerable sailboat for me this weekend. This one is the trailer sailor

of
my dreams. Will say no more about it until I have money down on it or pass
it up, if it checks out okay that is. It sound pretty good (as it has not
been seen yet!)

Oh, no, another Mac26XM owner.

Bart Senior

That's because it is a powerboat.

DSK wrote

There is not much info out there on the Reinell sailboats.

katysails

If you're looking for a good, older trailer sailor, try looking at the O'Day
25. It's pokier than some but it's a good solid boat and is roomy for what
it is.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

SAIL LOCO

Reinell 26 ................. never seen one or heard anyone talking about one.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Bought repaired canoe - positioning of seats/carry yoke correct? Guy Touring 2 July 18th 04 07:41 PM
bought a GPS Parallax Cruising 11 May 13th 04 10:03 PM
( OT ) Iraq Coalition Casualtitys ( Coalition of the bought?) Jim General 0 March 21st 04 02:30 AM
OT Hijacking a discussion, was Bought cool new digital charger....$89? Den73740 Electronics 8 January 31st 04 10:08 PM