Thom Stewart

Default Bought a Reinel 26'

I owned one CHEETAH

I'll Give you 3 real problems right quick to look for. If they haven't
been taken care of you'll have a damn wet Bilge.
PROBLEMS:
Keel bolts leak!! I cured mine by loosing each one and wrapping with
plumber string

Tiller post: Only a single upper bearing. The wear causes wear on the
fibre glass tube. I cured mine by adding fibre glass rapping. I never
did add the lower bearing.

Deck leaks on the seam and the toe rail.
Make the caulking gun part a ships company.

One other problem. Not to seriuos. The Hull was done with a Chopper Gun,
Evry time I reached in a hoe that wasn't visable I came back with a
bloody hand. Keep course sandpaper handy to clean up the hidden part of
the Hull

Those are the problem to look for right
off

Thegood things :^) and there are plenty It is a Nice Boat. I've seen 35
footers with the room inside. That seat on the Port Side against the
head bulkhead was so huge I built a back rest 1/2 way out an built a Nav
Station behind it The same thing with the Saloon berth. Moved that swing
out back rest out 10" for a schelf with fiddles on it.

Once I got the Bilge dry I put nylon carpet in the cabin
You'll need one of those "Canadian Screwdrivers" to work on the boat

It's a damn nice Boat, It will sail with just about any of the R/C of
its size and will cruise with the best

It is getting a little "long in the tooth"

A short history lesson about the boat, It was a product of the first
gasoline crisis. All the Power Boat Manufactures made a effort the
provide sailboats. Reinell first attempt was so lousy they gave up on
the building one of their own and hired SUN Ships to biuld the CHEETAH.
It was a low cost boat but it was very sound. It sold so well that SUN
added a foot on it and started building the SUN YACHT 27. Your CHEETAH
could sail circle around it

My kids loved the damn thing----well enough. If I can help you with
anything, post me.

Keep your head low in the main cabin

Ole Thom/ X owner of the first "Pneuma"

SAIL LOCO

PROBLEMS:
Keel bolts leak!! I cured mine by loosing each one and wrapping with
plumber string

This might stop water from entering the boat but what about the keel to hull
joint? I thought when this was a problem you had to drop the keel, clean up
the joint, reseal with 5200 and put it back together.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
FamilySailor

Oh, no, another Mac26XM owner.

NO IT'S NOT A Mac26X
I am a sailor, not a powerboater!!!

Scott Vernon

you should change the header then.

SV

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
Oh, no, another Mac26XM owner.

NO IT'S NOT A Mac26X
I am a sailor, not a powerboater!!!

FamilySailor

you should change the header then.

Don't know how....

FamilySailor

I thought the keel was molded into the hull and concrete was used as
ballast?

Scott Vernon

Default Bought a Reinel 26' or not....

I believe you.

SV

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
you should change the header then.

Don't know how....

FamilySailor

I believe you.

Yet another cut from the ASSHOLE

Scott Vernon

hit a nerve, eh?

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
I believe you.

Yet another cut from the ASSHOLE

felton

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:59:03 -0400, "Scott Vernon"
wrote:

hit a nerve, eh?

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
I believe you.

Yet another cut from the ASSHOLE

I think he is way too thin skinned to sail either a Reinel or a
Hunter

Bought repaired canoe - positioning of seats/carry yoke correct? Guy Touring 2 July 18th 04 07:41 PM
bought a GPS Parallax Cruising 11 May 13th 04 10:03 PM
( OT ) Iraq Coalition Casualtitys ( Coalition of the bought?) Jim General 0 March 21st 04 02:30 AM
OT Hijacking a discussion, was Bought cool new digital charger....$89? Den73740 Electronics 8 January 31st 04 10:08 PM