Default Idiots sink boat. Idiots die.

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:02:16 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

Why do you think that these people live in "misery"

Sierra Leone is the lowest ranked country on the Human Development
Index and seventh lowest on the Human Poverty Index. Sound like a
great place to hang out.

Besides that, I think laughing at people dying in a boating accident
is in poor taste at best, but I'm certain nothing unusual for you
fellows.

wrote:

Why do you think that these people live in "misery"

Sierra Leone is the lowest ranked country on the Human Development
Index and seventh lowest on the Human Poverty Index. Sound like a
great place to hang out.

You seem to equate rankings on some index with misery. Which is
foolish.

As I mention in another post I worked for a period at Freeport's
copper mine in Irian Jaya where the indigenous people are literally
stone age. they had no metals before the mine was built. As a result
even cutting a sapling was a major undertaking.

While you might considering these people as living in misery, they
didn't consider their life to be in any way miserable or nasty, and in
fact they considered the "White Man" as somewhat foolish for spending
all that effort to dig up a soft green rock that wasn't, in their
eyes, worth a damn.

In fact, had these primitive people learned that "you" owed someone
$10,000 (translated into terms that they could understand), as I have
read is the average credit card debt in the U.S., they would certainly
have considered you as someone who was living a miserable existence.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:54:47 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

As I mention in another post I worked for a period at Freeport's
copper mine in Irian Jaya

Your cute little anecdotal story is irrelevant to the issue at hand,
no matter how many times you recount it. Laughing at people who die
in accidents is in poor taste at best.

You You is offline

In article ,
Bruce In Bangkok wrote:

In fact, had these primitive people learned that "you" owed someone
$10,000 (translated into terms that they could understand), as I have
read is the average credit card debt in the U.S., they would certainly
have considered you as someone who was living a miserable existence.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Hmmm, If the "You" you mentioned above is a reference to This You
being "Me"... I have no debts, and haven't for many years. I retired
when I was 50 years old, and live comfortably, with my wife, on a
pension, I earned, in 35 years of Hard Work, Saving my money, and
Investing wisely. When the BIG Crash came, I didn't lose a dime...
Yea, I don't make the Big bucks on my investments, Right now, but I
didn't lose anything, either.....

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:21:24 -0800, You wrote:

In article ,
Bruce In Bangkok wrote:

In fact, had these primitive people learned that "you" owed someone
$10,000 (translated into terms that they could understand), as I have
read is the average credit card debt in the U.S., they would certainly
have considered you as someone who was living a miserable existence.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Hmmm, If the "You" you mentioned above is a reference to This You
being "Me"... I have no debts, and haven't for many years. I retired
when I was 50 years old, and live comfortably, with my wife, on a
pension, I earned, in 35 years of Hard Work, Saving my money, and
Investing wisely. When the BIG Crash came, I didn't lose a dime...
Yea, I don't make the Big bucks on my investments, Right now, but I
didn't lose anything, either.....

The "you" was intended to be a sort of blanket cover for people living
in the U.S. who (according to what I read on the Internet) have almost
unbelievable amounts of debt; at least unbelievable to people living
outside the country. I read the reference to $10,000 of credit card
debt, complete with URL reference to and was absolutely amazed. Other
then one house I bought when I lived in the U.S. my accumulated debts,
at any time, were never more then a few hundred dollars, so I did some
research on the Web and apparently that is, in broad terms, the level
of personal debt being carried by the average U.S. resident.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

wrote:

As I mention in another post I worked for a period at Freeport's
copper mine in Irian Jaya

Your cute little anecdotal story is irrelevant to the issue at hand,
no matter how many times you recount it. Laughing at people who die
in accidents is in poor taste at best.

It wasn't a "cute story" it was fact. Of course it had nothing to do
with boats sinking or people drowning but quite a lot to do with your
comments about living in misery - which I notice you have now deleted
from your quotes.

Is this you debating technique? Make a lot of loud statements then
when someone demonstrates you are wrong to simply ignore the fact that
YOU were the one to have originated the subject?

Bruce In Bangkok wrote:

[...]

OK, thanks for the clarification.... Yea, most of my fellow Americans
are Money Foolish, and what my Banker Father (RIP) called Capital
Idiots... All my siblings were schooled in my Fathers conservative
image, and are in the same situation I am... Financially Secure, and
loving it....
mmc mmc is offline

"You" wrote in message
In article ,
Bruce In Bangkok wrote:

[...]

We're not sheep, just very, very well trained by Corporate America.
George Carlin put it something like "Only in America do people buy **** they
don't need with money they don't have and pay interest on it".
Nail on the head. Who else would use a credit card to buy a friggin cup of
overprice flavored coffee at Starbucks?
No wonder we're in the sh*ts.

mmc wrote:
"You" wrote in message
In article ,
Bruce In Bangkok wrote:

[...]

What's this "WE", white man?

wrote:
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:54:47 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
squealed:
As I mention in another post I worked for a period at Freeport's
copper mine in Irian Jaya

Your cute little anecdotal story is irrelevant to the issue at hand,
no matter how many times you recount it. Laughing at people who die
in accidents is in poor taste at best.

Uhu!
It seems like more and more people on the Usenet dislike the "humour"
of our neoNazi Bruce Paige, aka The Brown-eyed Mullet, i.e. GSS of
sct.

AntiNazi Mort

ouch..............idiots Joe ASA 0 October 17th 07 07:38 PM
Republican Idiots!! Gilligan ASA 1 November 17th 03 03:35 AM
"Conservative" Idiots! Myron Florin ASA 7 October 15th 03 12:51 AM