Default Worried about Skip & Lydia

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:16:42 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

I can tell you've never cruised the Bahamas.

You're wrong about that (and a few other things).

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaOGTlo0Zt2LjQ

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=edce4b45b2f391f1&sid=0AaOGTlo0Zt2 L-g

http://share.shutterfly.com/view/flashslideshow.jsp?sid=0AaOGTlo0Zt2L6w&a=67b0de21b 344e26fa4dd

Best viewed as full screen slide shows on a high speed connection.

wrote:

I can tell you've never cruised the Bahamas.

You're wrong about that (and a few other things).

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaOGTlo0Zt2LjQ

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=edce4b45b2f391f1&sid=0AaOGTlo0Zt2 L-g

http://share.shutterfly.com/view/flashslideshow.jsp?sid=0AaOGTlo0Zt2L6w&a=67b0de21b 344e26fa4dd

Best viewed as full screen slide shows on a high speed connection.

OK, so I was wrong about you. Nice pics. But having been there, done that,
ask yourself how concerned you were when you were there with sending daily
or weekly trip reports to Usenet. Did you not, instead, become immersed in
cruising for the sake of enjoying cruising and the more technology you tried
to add to the mix the less enjoyable it made the cruising life?

Wilbur Hubbard

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:22:21 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

OK, so I was wrong about you. Nice pics. But having been there, done that,
ask yourself how concerned you were when you were there with sending daily
or weekly trip reports to Usenet. Did you not, instead, become immersed in
cruising for the sake of enjoying cruising and the more technology you tried
to add to the mix the less enjoyable it made the cruising life?

We have a fair amount of technology on the boat, probably more than
many, and for the most part it contributes to the enjoyment of the
cruising experience. We do not send daily reports but do check our
EMAIL just about everyday one way or another, and do send regular
position reports to shiptrak.org so that friends and family know we
are doing OK. It doesn't take long. We cruised for years on small
sailboats with only minimal complexity and had a lot of fun but things
change. It would be difficult to go back to a boat with no mechanical
refrigeration, minimal communications, and some of the other amenities
we enjoy.

But why no post here from our most verbose and loquacious member?

Are you referring to Skip? He's not "the most verbose and loquacious"
by far!

"Wayne.B" wrote
Don't know, perhaps offended by some of the offensive comments, or
maybe at this point he needed no more of our collective wisdom?

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
I can tell you've never cruised the Bahamas.

Right as always, "Wilbur" heh heh
Oh yeah, go ahead and announce once again how I don't sail and am not
a success at cruising... you really hit the nail on the head yessiree!

DSK

wrote:

[...]

Right. Besides all that, posting experiences is simply the habit of a
diarist. Doesn't take a big part of the day, and it is part of who
you are. If you're a diarist you're do a diary. Can't help it.
Same with trolls. If you're a troll, you'll keep trolling.
Just part of who you are. Can't be helped.

--Vic

"Vic Smith" wrote

Right. Besides all that, posting experiences is simply the habit of a
diarist. Doesn't take a big part of the day, and it is part of who
you are. If you're a diarist you're do a diary. Can't help it.
Same with trolls. If you're a troll, you'll keep trolling.
Just part of who you are. Can't be helped.

Good point. There is little essential difference between the urge to post
continually about real experiences and to post almost daily tiresome
imaginary crap except that the former is more enjoyable for others to read.

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:31:26 -0500, "Aragorn"
wrote:

Same with trolls. If you're a troll, you'll keep trolling.
Just part of who you are. Can't be helped.

Good point. There is little essential difference between the urge to post
continually about real experiences and to post almost daily tiresome
imaginary crap except that the former is more enjoyable for others to read.

Good trolling will stay on the subject of the group, be creative and
interesting, and generate thought and ideas.
You can't **** off more than half the readers.
Still some people will just hate it, because they don't like fiction.
I enjoy it if I can learn something or be amused.
It never distracts me from "serious" threads.
It's just part of the usenet scenery, and can be likened to roadside
vistas. Doesn't make me leave the road.
Unfortunately, most trolls just post pure garbage, turning the vistas
to blight. One talking to himself simply blights both sides of the
road.
Lately I just turn up the radio and look straight ahead.
There are plenty of milestones along the way, Skip planting most of
them lately.
Now he's probably too busy lobstering.

--Vic

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
I can tell you've never cruised the Bahamas.

Right as always, "Wilbur" heh heh
Oh yeah, go ahead and announce once again how I don't sail and am not
a success at cruising... you really hit the nail on the head yessiree!

DSK

So you do a little daysailing and racing round the buoys. Big deal. Sell
that ugly stinkpot trawler which was a big mistake, buy a sailboat and go
cruising and I'll think better of you.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
Right. Besides all that, posting experiences is simply the habit of a
diarist. Doesn't take a big part of the day, and it is part of who
you are. If you're a diarist you're do a diary. Can't help it.
Same with trolls. If you're a troll, you'll keep trolling.
Just part of who you are. Can't be helped.

--Vic

And if you're NOT a diarist, no amount of cajoling will make you one. Not
even from oneself. Been there, got the umbrella drink, passed on the
t-shirt. Next! ;-)

Bob wrote:

Where are care taker Skip and his addicted spouse lydia?
I am worried sick cause I havent seen a post here for weeks. Are they
sailing and not posting????? nahh.,.

Please adivse !
Bob

Last I saw (when we were there 3 weeks ago) they were alive and well
in Georgetown, fitting in b eautifully with teh summer-camp
cruise-ship atmosphere.

Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com

Skip and Lydia ? Wayne.B Cruising 12 December 13th 07 04:39 AM
Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately Skip Gundlach Cruising 22 November 22nd 07 01:06 AM
Skip, Lydia and Captain Joshua Slocum NE Sailboat Cruising 19 August 22nd 07 04:12 AM
Can we nominate Skip and Lydia for this? Ernest Scribbler Cruising 3 February 16th 07 12:39 AM
Skip & Lydia damage assessment steve_hayes_maine Cruising 0 February 15th 07 03:37 PM