Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Worried about Skip & Lydia

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:22:21 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

OK, so I was wrong about you. Nice pics. But having been there, done that,
ask yourself how concerned you were when you were there with sending daily
or weekly trip reports to Usenet. Did you not, instead, become immersed in
cruising for the sake of enjoying cruising and the more technology you tried
to add to the mix the less enjoyable it made the cruising life?

We have a fair amount of technology on the boat, probably more than
many, and for the most part it contributes to the enjoyment of the
cruising experience. We do not send daily reports but do check our
EMAIL just about everyday one way or another, and do send regular
position reports to shiptrak.org so that friends and family know we
are doing OK. It doesn't take long. We cruised for years on small
sailboats with only minimal complexity and had a lot of fun but things
change. It would be difficult to go back to a boat with no mechanical
refrigeration, minimal communications, and some of the other amenities
we enjoy.