Bob Bob is offline

Default Worried about Skip & Lydia

Where are care taker Skip and his addicted spouse lydia?
I am worried sick cause I havent seen a post here for weeks. Are they
sailing and not posting????? nahh.,.

Please adivse !
Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
Where are care taker Skip and his addicted spouse lydia?
I am worried sick cause I havent seen a post here for weeks. Are they
sailing and not posting????? nahh.,.

Please adivse !
Bob

Hanging out in George Town last I heard. Probably have a hundred systems to
fix on their decrepit boat before they can carry on. His idea to head to the
Leeward Islands right into the prevailing winds and currents was always a
dumb one. Probably the Bahamas is as far as they'll get this time around.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...
"Bob" wrote in message
Where are care taker Skip and his addicted spouse lydia?
I am worried sick cause I havent seen a post here for weeks. Are they
sailing and not posting????? nahh.,.

Please adivse !
Bob

Hanging out in George Town last I heard. Probably have a hundred systems
to fix on their decrepit boat before they can carry on. His idea to head
to the Leeward Islands right into the prevailing winds and currents was
always a dumb one. Probably the Bahamas is as far as they'll get this time
around.

Wilbur Hubbard

This post is not meant to belittle the dubious duo. Rather, real cruisers
often find out while in the Bahamas en route to other places that it doesn't
get any better than the Bahamas. They might have come to this sensible
conclusion and decided to stay, explore and enjoy. You can sail the Bahamas
for years and not see them all. You've got to spend considerable time here
and there to get the feel of the different islands and cultures.

Wilbur Hubbard

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:17:48 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

Where are care taker Skip and his addicted spouse lydia?
I am worried sick cause I havent seen a post here for weeks.

Not to worry, they've been hanging out in George Town on Grand Exuma
Island all winter. They seem to have fit right into the regular
winter cruising lifestyle there. They made the cruise south to George
Town in typical fashion, a non-stop over night forced march from the
north end of the Exuma's, thus missing a number of really nice spots
along the way.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?&glId=0sKGa9AJRCF45FaX5L5g6PLcZGvSb3 nMe

On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 18:29:12 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?&glId=0sKGa9AJRCF45FaX5L5g6PLcZGvSb3 nMe

Wow.

I was just taking a look at the satellite imagery of that little day
sail they took yesterday. You've got to love the quality and
resolution. At the time the imagery was taken you can actually see
the wind waves super-imposed on top of the big ocean swells, and the
wave refraction patterns created by the small islands to the east of
George Town.

Bob Bob is offline

On Mar 1, 5:29*pm, Wayne.B wrote:

Not to worry, they've been hanging out in George Town on Grand Exuma
Island all winter. *

Oh good........ Im glad to hear they are living their dream

But why no post here from our most verbose and loquacious member?
Bob

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:58:41 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

But why no post here from our most verbose and loquacious member?

Don't know, perhaps offended by some of the offensive comments, or
maybe at this point he needed no more of our collective wisdom?

wrote:

But why no post here from our most verbose and loquacious member?

Don't know, perhaps offended by some of the offensive comments, or
maybe at this point he needed no more of our collective wisdom?

I can tell you've never cruised the Bahamas. In some places, and George Town
is one of them, the cruising community has better things to do than to hang
out on the Internet. Probably limited Internet access there, too, especially
in the better, more out of the way anchorages. Skippy has finally gotten the
right idea about cruising and enjoying cruising for what it is - and it's
not posting a bunch of crap to Usenet.

I'd like to think he's finally taken my many hints about sailing and
cruising for the sake of his own enjoyment and not being concerned with an
audience that is mostly a clueless burden.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
anews.com:

[clip]

I'd like to think he's finally taken my many hints about sailing and
cruising for the sake of his own enjoyment and not being concerned
with an audience that is mostly a clueless burden.

Wilbur Hubbard

A very true statement. However, you need to include yourself in that
audience group.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

wrote:

But why no post here from our most verbose and loquacious member?

Don't know, perhaps offended by some of the offensive comments, or
maybe at this point he needed no more of our collective wisdom?

I can tell you've never cruised the Bahamas. In some places, and George Town
is one of them, the cruising community has better things to do than to hang
out on the Internet. Probably limited Internet access there, too, especially
in the better, more out of the way anchorages. Skippy has finally gotten the
right idea about cruising and enjoying cruising for what it is - and it's
not posting a bunch of crap to Usenet.

I'd like to think he's finally taken my many hints about sailing and
cruising for the sake of his own enjoyment and not being concerned with an
audience that is mostly a clueless burden.

Human engagement, particularly in the form of effective, constructive
criticism or corroboration is the most valuable thing on earth.

Stephen

Skip and Lydia ? Wayne.B Cruising 12 December 13th 07 04:39 AM
Skip, and Lydia, in general, lately Skip Gundlach Cruising 22 November 22nd 07 01:06 AM
Skip, Lydia and Captain Joshua Slocum NE Sailboat Cruising 19 August 22nd 07 04:12 AM
Can we nominate Skip and Lydia for this? Ernest Scribbler Cruising 3 February 16th 07 12:39 AM
Skip & Lydia damage assessment steve_hayes_maine Cruising 0 February 15th 07 03:37 PM