Default Skip & Lydia damage assessment

While engaging in the latest addition to my exercise program
(shovelling lots and lots of snow -- great for upper body & cardio
conditioning), I pondered what if the FP incident had happened to me,
my wife and my boat. Other than making the situation stable (e.g.
getting out of Dodge quickly as possible into affordable locale), I
think my second priority would be to get my wife back up on the horse
ASAP. If I did not do that (and if it was not successful), I would
have lost my most important sailing asset and that would certainly
create a swift change in plans. I don't worry about them second-
guessing the boat after the repairs, but I'd be darned concerned about
how confident Lydia (and maybe Skip) will be when FP is relaunched.

Of all the requests and offers to help, one that I did not see was an
offer to take them offshore for a week or two, to regain their sea
legs, composure and confidence. That is something I can't help with
in Maine (although the snow is almost up to the boat's hull, even with
a 4.5' draft on blocks), but there are listmates who could and who
would probably enjoy the experience. Once FP is secure, taking a week
or two to kick back, sail and gain perspective may be the best first
start toward restoration of both the boat and crew.

Just my humble opinion.

Steve Hayes