Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Worried about Skip & Lydia

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:31:26 -0500, "Aragorn"
wrote:

Same with trolls. If you're a troll, you'll keep trolling.
Just part of who you are. Can't be helped.

Good point. There is little essential difference between the urge to post
continually about real experiences and to post almost daily tiresome
imaginary crap except that the former is more enjoyable for others to read.

Good trolling will stay on the subject of the group, be creative and
interesting, and generate thought and ideas.
You can't **** off more than half the readers.
Still some people will just hate it, because they don't like fiction.
I enjoy it if I can learn something or be amused.
It never distracts me from "serious" threads.
It's just part of the usenet scenery, and can be likened to roadside
vistas. Doesn't make me leave the road.
Unfortunately, most trolls just post pure garbage, turning the vistas
to blight. One talking to himself simply blights both sides of the
road.
Lately I just turn up the radio and look straight ahead.
There are plenty of milestones along the way, Skip planting most of
them lately.
Now he's probably too busy lobstering.

--Vic