Bob Bob is offline

Default LIVE from Morgan City, LA !

Ive missed Skips 4000 word posts so much i thought I would start one
of my own self serving and humilating diarys.

I made it to Morgan City.

Looked around for that skilled captain Joe of the Red Clown. I thought
he might be here cause he was a crewboat captain. I was going to buy
him a coffee. Humm, havent been able to find the old salt. Im sure he
is working hard as a skilled mariner someplace.

What next, oh yea.......... Im gonna look for a job. Ill let ya know
when I get one.

Bob

Bob wrote in news:e7ba2cc3-ef58-46f8-b5e6-04eaf46e2141
@a12g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Im gonna look for a job. Ill let ya know
when I get one.

Diesel tank must be empty....or the beer cooler...(c;]

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 04:23:04 +0000, Larry wrote:

Im gonna look for a job. Ill let ya know
when I get one.

Diesel tank must be empty....or the beer cooler...(c;]

It has to be warmer and drier there than the PNW.

On Feb 16, 8:48 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 04:23:04 +0000, Larry wrote:
Im gonna look for a job. Ill let ya know
when I get one.

Diesel tank must be empty....or the beer cooler...(c;]

It has to be warmer and drier there than the PNW.

warmer maybe but i would doubt drier.
not to mention crappy food and a foreign language.
Morgan city is not a treat at the best of times.

good on ya Bob, try western Geophysical (or what ever it is called
now). I figure the Kenda is likely in port.
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 16, 9:56*pm, Bob wrote:
Ive missed Skips 4000 word posts so much i thought I would start one
of my own self serving and humilating diarys.

I made it to Morgan City.

Looked around for that skilled captain Joe of the Red Clown. I thought
he might be here cause he was a crewboat captain. I was going to buy
him a coffee. Humm, havent been able to find the old salt. Im sure he
is working hard as a skilled mariner someplace.

What next, oh yea.......... Im gonna look for a job. Ill let ya know
when I get one.

Bob

Good Luck Bob. Let us know when you land a gig. IIRC you called non-
union workers in the oilfield "Slaves".

I guess all that union bull**** you were bragging about did not get
you anywhere huh?
They took your money, and now you are down in the oil patch looking
for a boat. Go figure..

Try Cameron with McCall, he has the best crewboats, then Bruce Boats
in Patterson.

But then again Crewboats are a young mans game, you may want to stick
to the work and siesmic boats... better ride and more comfort. Infact
just starting out like you are, avoid the work boats, the cement an
mud tanks will kill you. Don't even think about anchor boats.

You may want to find a nice standby boat. Lots of fishing and reading
on a slow boat.

Joe

Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 16, 9:56*pm, Bob wrote:
Ive missed Skips 4000 word posts so much i thought I would start one
of my own self serving and humilating diarys.

I made it to Morgan City.

Looked around for that skilled captain Joe of the Red Clown. I thought
he might be here cause he was a crewboat captain. I was going to buy
him a coffee. Humm, havent been able to find the old salt. Im sure he
is working hard as a skilled mariner someplace.

What next, oh yea.......... Im gonna look for a job. Ill let ya know
when I get one.

Bob

PS Candy is hiring so is Breaux...Candy took delivery of some sweet
165 foot crewboats.

Stay away from Co-Mar.

Joe

Two meter troll wrote in news:dbbcce34-20ac-4dff-8142-
:

crappy food

That depends on which Cajuns you can befriend.....

On Feb 17, 7:18 am, Larry wrote:
Two meter troll wrote in news:dbbcce34-20ac-4dff-8142-
:

crappy food

That depends on which Cajuns you can befriend.....

in morgan city i found very few cajuns and a whole lot of Missippi mud
mouths and texas tinkerbells.
of all the ports i never wish to return to the south contains most of
them.

at least when the Cajuns pick a fight they stand up for more than one
hit and dont cry to the cops that the bad man broke them. the south
was like nothing ive ever seen; populated by folks with hummin bird
asses and alligator mouths.
better to stick to the north coast climes better food, no glorified
shrimp boat skippers, sailors who know the job, fewer winers, good
ice, and folks will leave a man alone with a bottle.
Bob Bob is offline

Stay away from Co-Mar.

Thanks !

Joe

Hey Joe:

Thanks for the info. I knocked on four doors in two days but today
drove up to Lafaette. Each HR says its wierd slow and heard of some
layoffs. Im gonna follow up on a deckhand job on a mini supply on
friday. They offered it. The only porblem is $140-$150/day for
unlicensed deck jobs. Ugg! but I can up grade my license to a 100 ton
in 60 days IF a 3rd capt job is open payin $240/day and even thats low
compared to AB pay ($250-$305 day). Time to look at 100 ton boats.

I am eager to start sweeping floors and scrubbing heads.

On another note. Last time iwas down here was 1981-1983. The biggest
differnce is the lack of industry now! MC was a true boom town then.
Now it seems almost civil with half the jobs............

At night I can hear utility/crew boats off in the distance. They all
sound like there running Detroits still. Whod a thought?

Oh, RV Campground
$100/week for a tent. Includes showers/laundry/30 Ah.

100+ RV spaces open. Underutilized
Bob

HEY......... WERE IS SKIP???????

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:00:28 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

[...]

If the RV campgroupd is that empty, maybe you should do a little
negotiating.

Why live aboard sailors live longer. Ellen MacArthur ASA 5 December 16th 06 01:21 AM
FS: Morgan 28 in NY Capt. Rob Marketplace 0 June 4th 06 04:43 PM
Morgan 51 IO Cap'n Ron Cruising 2 November 28th 05 04:43 PM
morgan 33 oi Gammara2 ASA 7 September 16th 04 01:39 AM
FS: Morgan 28 in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 1 May 9th 04 06:00 AM