Bob Bob is offline

Default LIVE from Morgan City, LA !

On Feb 20, 5:12*am, wrote:

If the RV campgroupd is that empty, maybe you should do a little
negotiating.

Good idea but I guess I wont need to now.

Arrived in Morgan CIty on Tuesday.
Offered a job on Thursday.
Accepted job Friday.

Il be working on a dive support vessel as an unlicensed deckhand until
they ahve an open AB spot for me. Im good with that. Heck im good with
that.

Physical on Monday
Orientation/Training T-F
Catch the boat on Su/M.

To all those RBC readers just treading time until who knows what is
suppose to happen:
Exercize daily
Eat your veggies
Get you Sea Service in order
Go to work on a boat. Even sweeping and scrubbing heads on a vessel is
more honerable than sitting at home wishing or tied to a dock.

Have fun....... I am 55 years old and Im gonna have some fun!

bob

On Feb 20, 8:23 pm, Bob wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:12 am, wrote:

[...]

all right Bob!
have fun and be safe.
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 20, 10:32*pm, Two meter troll wrote:

all right Bob!
have fun and be safe.- Hide quoted text -

Hey 2M. I always enjoy an encouraging word. Thanks !

Ya Im stoked! should be fun to be doing the industrial stuff agin.
Sides I have to make sure I have a bigger license than SKip and
WIlbur. Look out... 500 ton Master is on the horizon. God then ill
really become an intollerable horses ass.

If anybody here would like the detail on how to make this happen for
yourself send me an email to freya2go AT yahoo.com

Ill make sure I craft a supportive and polite reply

bob
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 20, 10:23*pm, Bob wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:12*am, wrote:

[...]

exercizing is for people who do not sail.
Anyway, do you know what the dive work is?
Walking pipelines? Removing well heads, what?

Good luck with the physical
Joe
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 21, 9:03*pm, Joe wrote:

exercizing is for people who do not sail.

Humm, well im not sure how to reply to that one. Roger sails maybe
thats why he has the back of a 30 yo

Anyway, do you know what the dive work is?
Walking pipelines? Removing well heads, what?

THe only thing I know now is the boat is set up with a 4 point anchor
system and can deliver a diver to 300' on gas. So i imagin all that
sorta stuff including shooting stubs, scrapping, liveboating, anode
jobs, n all that diver sorta stuff.

Good luck with the physical
Joe

Thanks im off to Houma monday early for the phys. I heard there is a
cardic stress test involved. Times have changed from the turn your
head and caugh and ur god to go.

So Joe are you still in the area or someplace more sutible for normal
life forms?
bob

On Feb 22, 12:57 pm, Bob wrote:
On Feb 21, 9:03 pm, Joe wrote:

exercizing is for people who do not sail.

Humm, well im not sure how to reply to that one. Roger sails maybe
thats why he has the back of a 30 yo

Anyway, do you know what the dive work is?
Walking pipelines? Removing well heads, what?

THe only thing I know now is the boat is set up with a 4 point anchor
system and can deliver a diver to 300' on gas. So i imagin all that
sorta stuff including shooting stubs, scrapping, liveboating, anode
jobs, n all that diver sorta stuff.

Good luck with the physical
Joe

Thanks im off to Houma monday early for the phys. I heard there is a
cardic stress test involved. Times have changed from the turn your
head and caugh and ur god to go.

So Joe are you still in the area or someplace more sutible for normal
life forms?
bob

Hmm Bob since you are from the north and its been a tad chilly you
might want to take a few hours and go swimming in a local pool. and
then take some time in the sauna with a cold dip in between.
sounds odd but i found that the cardiac test went better for me when i
had cleaned some of the winter garbage out of my system. course when i
did it i had just flown in to the south from -50 deg in st paul
island.
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 22, 3:20*pm, Two meter troll wrote:

Hmm Bob since you are from the north and its been a tad chilly you
might want to take a few hours and go swimming in a local pool.

Heck 2M Ive been running 3-4 days a week since 1994. Still grasping at
the straws of youth. Arrgg!

course when i
did it i had just flown in to the south from -50 deg in st paul
island

Ugg Saint paul.... never a more bleak wind sweep rock ive seen. Oh,
youll love this story......

SO there i was in saint paul some october in the late 80s. Im walking
the beech and two 4 wheelers zoom up. Two 23 yo white women.. Im think
theyre all 10s up here and go ugly early but these girls are cute
but damn they were both cuties even in the lower 48! They were both
teachers one from washington i think and the other from Flordia. I
asked the Flordia teacher why she chose this place as her first
teaching job. She looked at the ground and said, the recruiter told me
he had a really great teaching job on a beutiful island in the
pacific.......................... she forgot to ask just exactly
were.
This is so wrong on so many levels. Besides not in the pacific yad
think a teacher might have a sense of geography. She said she thought
she was going to some tropical paradice like Hawaii :/

She still didnt think anything was wrong when the tickets said ALASKA
cause maybe it was a stop over to that beautiful tropical island!

Well got to stop smoking pot n doin meth for the night. I got a UA
2maro at 0800!
Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
[...]

I still think that St. Paul, MN should be referred to by it's original name:
"Pig's Eye."

On Feb 22, 4:35 pm, Bob wrote:
[...]

LOL

hey the elbow room in dutch had palm trees
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 20, 10:32*pm, Two meter troll wrote:

all right Bob!
have fun and be safe.

State of the Art Review of GOM Mariner Training.

I spent 3 hours in a classroom learning about water safety and the
other 5 hours in a pool doing practical water safety/survival stuff.
During the 8 hour Morgan City training I compared it to the 4 day Life
Boatman and 5 day Basic Safety Training (STCW-95) held at Clatsop
Community College, Astoria, OR. This is what I learned:

1) The Astoria training stressed the absolute importance of Immersion
Suit (IS) proficiency. We spent at least 10 hours demonstrating in-
pool Immersion Suit skills.

2) My GOM Morgan City Immersion Suit training totaled maybe 15 min
with the instructor teaching four unsafe practices. the over all
attitude was, ya these things are important but ya really dont needed
em in the GOM cause none of the boats or rigs have them besides the
SAR protocol plans on a 1.5-3.0 hour rescue response.

I asked what the water temp was in the GOM. Instructor reply was, " 40
F to 80 F." ****, the GOM water temp is colder than it is in the
PNW ! ! ! I wonder why nobody uses (IS) down here when the water temp
gets that low and ya might have to spend 3 plus hours in 40 degree
water?!?!?!?? Oh ya, its the gulf and they dont give a ****.

3) The highlight was the helicopter ditch simulator. The simulator was
lowered into the pool. It held 4 mariners and 2 instructors. We got to
escape through four different windows. So imagine this. Your buckled
into a seat sitting there in coveralls and shoes. The helo drops into
the water and now the cabin is completely filled with water. Then it
inverts and goes turtle. Now there you are hanging upside down in a
cabin filled with water. Your task is to remove the window, unbuckle,
and swim out. We did that 6 times from different seats. Of course each
seat had a different type widow to remove. This was by far the best
event of the day.

In summary, I learned several things.

A)When taking survival training find the most badass weather area you
can find and attend only the highest quality instruction available in
that region. The “cold water” survival training in Morgan City was a
dangerous joke.

B) For all the recreational mariners….. get off you sedentary ass and
take in-water training from somebody who offers top notch USCG
courses. And NO I don’t mean USCG Aux Boater Safety courses. You may
have to drop $1000 but it will be well worth your time.

I have “Safe Gulf” later. Will advise.

Bob Arrgg!

Why live aboard sailors live longer. Ellen MacArthur ASA 5 December 16th 06 01:21 AM
FS: Morgan 28 in NY Capt. Rob Marketplace 0 June 4th 06 04:43 PM
Morgan 51 IO Cap'n Ron Cruising 2 November 28th 05 04:43 PM
morgan 33 oi Gammara2 ASA 7 September 16th 04 01:39 AM
FS: Morgan 28 in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 1 May 9th 04 06:00 AM