Gammara2

Default morgan 33 oi

any thoughts about this boat, good bad? problem areas? jim
Scott Vernon

I think they're ugly .

You asked.

Scotty

"Gammara2" wrote in message
any thoughts about this boat, good bad? problem areas? jim

Gammara2

my feelings are hurt, i think there beautiful!
Bobsprit

my feelings are hurt, i think there beautiful!

Scotty owns a Siedlemann, which is on most 5 worst boat lists. It drives him
batty when folks get better boats, which is almost always.
The Morgan may have unusual looks, but if it suits you go for it. They are
actually okay looking under sail. Odd at anchor or in the slip. Quality was
so-so, but the value of these is hugely dependent on how well it was cared for.
They did not hold up well compared to some other builders.
Another low cost "big boat" is the Endeavor 32, which is better looking and
solid, if somewhat lacking in performance. They cost around 20-22K for a nice
one.

Good luck,

RB
DSK

Gammara2 wrote:
any thoughts about this boat, good bad? problem areas?

You thinking about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9816 553&rd=1

If it goes for about half his "buy it now" price it might be a good deal.

The OI 33 may be the best of the Out Island series, but that includes a
lot of baggage. They're slow & unhandy, and despite the bulky looks
they're not anywhere near as roomy as modern boats of the same LOA. But
they're built tough. I have some friends who have had them, one who
still does & made a Bahamas cruise last winter. They are capable cruisers.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Gammara2 wrote:
my feelings are hurt, i think there beautiful!

Scott is just jealous... he looks like Elvis, sort of...

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Scott Vernon

then you shouldn't care what I think.

Scotty

"Gammara2" wrote in message
my feelings are hurt, i think there beautiful!

Bobsprit

then you shouldn't care what I think.

Scotty Potti hardly thinks at all.

RB