Default Weather along sailing routes

Hi again Capt. JG

I have changed the marine weather forecast application so that it is
more clear that you will have to zoom into your area first using the
small map. I have done two things:

1. Added a couple of lines of text explaining it at the top of the
page.

2. Moved the menu bar to the right since people tend to read from left
to right.

I can see from my log files that you are not the only one for whom the
user interface was confusing. I hope the small update I have made will
make it a bit easier. I will though keep this issue in mind and make
other changes if I figure out anything.

On Dec 25, 12:47 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
The initial error was with IE7 with a refresh after I click on the map. I
get the error every time. I'm talking about clicking on the map on the left,
not the one on the right.

Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the error (I have
tried two computers with IE7 but the error does not seem to occur on
either of them). What I have done is implementing better reporting/
logging of errors - so that I will automatically get more information
if an error happens. I hope this will allow me to diagnose the error
when it happens again.

From my log files I have also discovered a couple of other issues with
my application. The most important being:

If you type in longitudes and latitudes in the wrong places (so that
you type in longitude in the latitude box and vice versa) you will
just be informed that there is "No data" at the point. I will
implement a check if lons/lats are within appropriate bounds and
return a more appropriate error message. If someone type in what they
think are valid lons/lats and just gets "No data" they will of course
be very disappointed.

I am very happy about the feedback I got here (both direct posting
here and the errors I discovered from looking for errors in my log
files). I hope it is okay to write to this mailing list once again in
a month or so to get more feedback - or is that considered spamming?

Best regards,
Jesper
www.worldwildweather.com

On Dec 27, 11:02 pm, jlar wrote:
Hi again Capt. JG

I have changed the marine weather forecast application so that it is
more clear that you will have to zoom into your area first using the
small map. I have done two things:

1. Added a couple of lines of text explaining it at the top of the
page.

2. Moved the menu bar to the right since people tend to read from left
to right.

Forgot to mention that you will have to push shift+control+reload to
get the new updated layout.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Jesper
www.worldwildweather.com

"jlar" wrote in message
[...]

From my log files I have also discovered a couple of other issues with
my application. The most important being:

If you type in longitudes and latitudes in the wrong places (so that
you type in longitude in the latitude box and vice versa) you will
just be informed that there is "No data" at the point. I will
implement a check if lons/lats are within appropriate bounds and
return a more appropriate error message. If someone type in what they
think are valid lons/lats and just gets "No data" they will of course
be very disappointed.

I am very happy about the feedback I got here (both direct posting
here and the errors I discovered from looking for errors in my log
files). I hope it is okay to write to this mailing list once again in
a month or so to get more feedback - or is that considered spamming?

Best regards,
Jesper
www.worldwildweather.com

I'll check it out...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Heavy Weather Sailing Roger Long Cruising 16 January 17th 07 02:41 AM
NW Sailing Weather Thom Stewart ASA 9 April 1st 05 11:58 PM
Good sailing weather Jim Cate ASA 70 January 31st 05 12:34 PM
Sailing Weather Thom Stewart ASA 16 December 14th 04 06:10 AM
Stunning Weather and Sailing Bobsprit ASA 16 August 29th 04 12:32 PM