Skip Gundlach

Default Unconditionally stable sailboats

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
"Armond Perretta" wrote in message
Why does it usually seem that this subject is argued on an "either/or"
basis.
There are advantages to either approach. Is this really surprising to
anyone here?

It was a joke, Armond. We gave up on rational discussion when Jax

entered.

Hey! You missed that he started it. Who entered later?? :{))

L8R

Skip, still here, but moving inexorably toward cutting the cord

--

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a
clear night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize
that you are quite alone on a great, wide sea, it is apt to occur to
you that in the general scheme of things you are merely an
insignificant speck on the surface of the ocean; and are not nearly
so important or as self-sufficient as you thought you were. Which is
an exceedingly wholesome thought, and one that may effect a
permanent change in your deportment that will be greatly appreciated
by your friends." - James S. Pitkin

JAXAshby

Please learn how to follow a thread.

that's what I said, steveie. while you were wandering about in some deluded
fog about rowboats crossing the ocean, the rest of the thread was talking about
stupid statements made regarding the stability of cruising catamarans.

The part I responded to was about
trans-atlantic rowboats and other possibly unconditionally stable boats.
You snipped so much you forgot what the topic was.

Steve

JAXAshby

[nevermind jeffies motors around on a two-huller "because his wife is
scared"

And the problem with this approach is . . . ?

you missed the point, steve dan. jeffies -- like a high percentage of training
wheels drivers -- *say* it is "the wife" who is scared, it is in fact the boat
owner who is terrified. I learned that at the grade school dinner table from a
man -- my father -- with long term experience in the industry.

when a man is scarred to death of a boats, but doesn't wish to admit it for
fear of seeming unmanly, he will go to HUGE lengths to cover his tracks.
Including stupid things such as a cruising catamaran is "unconditionally
stable".
JAXAshby

Hey! You missed that he started it. Who entered later?? :{))

and did you notice just how many manly men posted that, yup a catamaran IS
indeed stable in all and every condition?

scared men will say some really unusual things. I know a two-huller who
insists that sailing in winds above 19 knots is unsafe, always.
Jeff Morris

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
jeffies proves my point:

[nevermind jeffies motors around on a two-huller "because his wife is scared"

The reason my wife likes a catamarans is that she loves to sail 50% faster than
all the lead draggers.

While we're on the subject, when's the last time you took your wife sailing?
Oh, right, she's afraid to be in the same room as you! Poor jaxie, so jealous
that I was able to spend a year cruising with my family, while he need court
supervision to see his.

Jeff Morris

Yeh, we're really scared ... that's why we always have such big smiles reaching
along at 12 knots.

And speaking of scared, weren't you the one who wanted to turn back because you
couldn't find a buoy? And how about that MayDay you called to the CG in Long
Island Sound because the wind was light and the engine was running a bit hot?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
[nevermind jeffies motors around on a two-huller "because his wife is

scared"

And the problem with this approach is . . . ?

you missed the point, steve dan. jeffies -- like a high percentage of

training
wheels drivers -- *say* it is "the wife" who is scared, it is in fact the boat
owner who is terrified. I learned that at the grade school dinner table from

man -- my father -- with long term experience in the industry.

when a man is scarred to death of a boats, but doesn't wish to admit it for
fear of seeming unmanly, he will go to HUGE lengths to cover his tracks.
Including stupid things such as a cruising catamaran is "unconditionally
stable".

Chris Newport

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 1:19 pm in rec.boats.cruising Jeff Morris wrote:

Yeh, we're really scared ... that's why we always have such big smiles
reaching along at 12 knots.

And speaking of scared, weren't you the one who wanted to turn back
because you
couldn't find a buoy? And how about that MayDay you called to the CG in
Long Island Sound because the wind was light and the engine was running a
bit hot?

Please stop feeding this idiot. He sails a small dingy and would not
know a cruising yacht if it bit him on the ankle.

Just plonk him into your killfile and enjoy the quiet life.

The nature of trolls is that they deliberately pick silly fights, which
is a form of attention seeking. Just ignore him and he might find
somewhere else to play.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently

rhys

On Mon, 24 May 2004 18:32:30 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
wrote:

Monohulls are unconditionally stable when sitting on the bottom.

Or sitting in the showroom, according to the sales pimp. Unlike one's
credit rating when considering a purchase.