Rosalie B.

Default Unconditionally stable sailboats

(JAXAshby) wrote:

[nevermind jeffies motors around on a two-huller "because his wife is

scared"

And the problem with this approach is . . . ?

you missed the point, steve dan. jeffies -- like a high percentage of training
wheels drivers -- *say* it is "the wife" who is scared, it is in fact the boat
owner who is terrified. I learned that at the grade school dinner table from a
man -- my father -- with long term experience in the industry.

Bravery is doing something even though you are scared. You get no
points for doing anything that doesn't scare you.

when a man is scarred to death of a boats, but doesn't wish to admit it for
fear of seeming unmanly, he will go to HUGE lengths to cover his tracks.
Including stupid things such as a cruising catamaran is "unconditionally
stable".

In some cultures, saying that the wife is scared is called 'saving
face'. If the wife doesn't mind, why should you care?

People of both sexes are unwilling to admit that they are scared of
various things. I'd venture to say that everyone is afraid of
something. With some people it is a boat that heels. So what?

grandma Rosalie