Jeff Morris

Default Unconditionally stable sailboats

Yeh, we're really scared ... that's why we always have such big smiles reaching
along at 12 knots.

And speaking of scared, weren't you the one who wanted to turn back because you
couldn't find a buoy? And how about that MayDay you called to the CG in Long
Island Sound because the wind was light and the engine was running a bit hot?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
[nevermind jeffies motors around on a two-huller "because his wife is

scared"

And the problem with this approach is . . . ?

you missed the point, steve dan. jeffies -- like a high percentage of

training
wheels drivers -- *say* it is "the wife" who is scared, it is in fact the boat
owner who is terrified. I learned that at the grade school dinner table from

man -- my father -- with long term experience in the industry.

when a man is scarred to death of a boats, but doesn't wish to admit it for
fear of seeming unmanly, he will go to HUGE lengths to cover his tracks.
Including stupid things such as a cruising catamaran is "unconditionally
stable".