Default Adding bow roller and other thoughts

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:28:14 -0600, "jlrogers±³©"
wrote:

"Janet O'Leary" wrote in message

Anyone know the cost (approximately) of having a yard install a
bow
roller and electric/manual windless to a 38 foot boat?

Who are you talking about? I started this thread because I have found
that the majority of boats for sale, in the 32 to 38 range, 1977 to
1985
do not have a windless. ...

I thought Janet O'Leary started this thread. He he! YOU are the O'Leary
sock puppet, then.

Busted!
Wilbur Hubbard

I don't have a clue who Janet O'Leary is? I meant I'm the one who asked
the
question: Anyone know the cost (approximately) of having a yard install a
bow roller
and electric/manual windless to a 38 foot boat?

Hearing Hubbard crowing about sock puppets was worth a laugh.
A JL Rogers responded to a thread started by a J O'Leary, three days
later.

Here is the J O'Leary first post header:
Are you she?

BrianW

From: "Janet O'Leary"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising
Subject: Adding bow roller and other thoughts

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 03:13:55 GMT

2008 22:13:55 EST)

Ok,, there you are .. standing there, at a marina. A 30' cruising
sailboat is right in front of you. She is in good shape, but very
plain.

She does not have roller furling, bow roller with appropriate anchor,
.. just a whole bunch of stuff.

No, I am not she (Durward DoRight?)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:48:04 -0600, "jlrogers±³©"
wrote:

Who are you talking about? I started this thread because I have found
that the majority of boats for sale, in the 32 to 38 range, 1977 to
1985 do not have a windless. ...

Here is the J O'Leary first post header:
Are you she?

BrianW

No, I am not she (Durward DoRight?)

Ah yes, so it was you asked the question, and that was three or four
days into the thread started by Ms O'Leary....

Brian W

From: "Janet O'Leary"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 03:13:55 GMT

2008 22:13:55 EST)

Ok,, there you are .. standing there, at a marina. A 30' cruising
sailboat is right in front of you. She is in good shape, but very
plain.

She does not have roller furling, bow roller with appropriate anchor,
.. just a whole bunch of stuff.

No, I am not she (Durward DoRight?)

Busted! Hoist on your own petard! Man up and admit it, JL.

Wilbur Hubbard

From: "Janet O'Leary"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.cruising

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 03:13:55 GMT

2008 22:13:55 EST)

Ok,, there you are .. standing there, at a marina. A 30' cruising
sailboat is right in front of you. She is in good shape, but very
plain.

She does not have roller furling, bow roller with appropriate anchor,
.. just a whole bunch of stuff.

No, I am not she (Durward DoRight?)

Busted! Hoist on your own petard! Man up and admit it, JL.

Wilbur Hubbard

The only petard in my arsenal is a fart now and then.

Roller reefing Gordon Cruising 13 August 25th 05 03:04 PM
Roller furling versus roller reefing Scott General 9 August 15th 05 02:19 PM
Best brush, roller Robert or Karen Swarts Boat Building 3 July 15th 05 01:46 AM
Roller bunks? Nick UK Power Boats 7 February 6th 04 12:34 AM
Roller Furlings Rob General 6 July 29th 03 05:40 PM