Robert or Karen Swarts

Default Best brush, roller

Opinions sought re best type of roller and brush to use for applying
two-part acrylic polyurethane paint to fiberglass hull.

Bob Swarts

Lew Hodgett

Robert or Karen Swarts wrote:
Opinions sought re best type of roller and brush to use for applying
two-part acrylic polyurethane paint to fiberglass hull.

Have to mention the place of my birth, Wooster, Ohio, home of the
Wooster Brush Company.

You definitely need mohair on a phenolic core rollers.

Lew
Marce

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:59:48 -0700, "Robert or Karen Swarts"
wrote:

Opinions sought re best type of roller and brush to use for applying
two-part acrylic polyurethane paint to fiberglass hull.

Bob Swarts

I can't recommend a brush because we didn't really use one, but the
best rollers are Quali-Tech Ultra Fine foam rollers. They are
available at Home Depot in a contractor's pack in different lengths.
We used 6" and 4".

Marce's tip: Chill the paint after mixing it (we mixed the paint late
at night, chilled in the fridge overnight and started painting around
6am, or when the dew was gone.) We had no need to tip. We just rolled
it on carefully and thinly to avoid curtains. We did a 42-ft. hull,
cabintop, 2 masts and booms, our Fatty Knees dingy and the inside of
the fridge box. It all looks like glass and people think it was
sprayed.

Marce

Regardless of whose paint you're using, read the 'Application Guide' at
: http://www.awlgrip.com for tips, including recomended rollers &
brushes.

The Redtree 1/8" nap foar rollers worked well for me, and I can
absolutely confirm the refrigerator tip (with awlgrip off-white,
anyway).

MW

Roller Furling Jack Jamison Cruising 3 June 30th 05 06:02 AM
help! my varnish has pimples,.. Don White Cruising 17 January 31st 05 05:30 PM
WTB:Famet Roller Furling in California. Eric Marketplace 0 April 12th 04 11:44 PM
Fuller Brush "Portholes"!! Steve Boat Building 4 January 12th 04 12:43 AM