posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default OT Why McCain should not win in November - conservatives speak out

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/16/op...in&oref=slogin

David Brooks -
Sarah Palin has many virtues. If you wanted someone to destroy a corrupt
establishment, she'd be your woman. But the constructive act of governance
is another matter. She has not been engaged in national issues, does not
have a repertoire of historic patterns and, like President Bush, she seems
to compensate for her lack of experience with brashness and excessive
decisiveness.

http://rossdouthat.theatlantic.com/a...he_unready.php

Ross Douthat -

The most that can be said in her defense is that she kept her cool and
avoided any brutal gaffes; other than that, she seemed about an inch deep on
every issue outside her comfort zone. Yes, the questions were tougher than
the ones that a Tim Kaine or Tim Pawlenty probably would have been handed,
but they were all questions that a vice-presidential nominee needs to be
able to answer. And there's no way to look at her performance as anything
save supporting evidence for the non-hysterical critique of her candidacy -
that it's just too much, too soon - and a splash of cold water for those of
us with high hopes for her future on the national stage.

Richard Cohen -

McCain has turned ugly. His dishonesty would be unacceptable in any
politician, but McCain has always set his own bar higher than most. He has
contempt for most of his colleagues for that very reason: They lie. He tells
the truth. He internalizes the code of the McCains -- his grandfather, his
father: both admirals of the shining sea. He serves his country differently,
that's all -- but just as honorably. No more, though.

His opportunistic and irresponsible choice of Sarah Palin as his political
heir -- the person in whose hands he would leave the country -- is a form of
personal treason, a betrayal of all he once stood for. Palin, no matter what
her other attributes, is shockingly unprepared to become president. McCain
knows that. He means to win, which is all right; he means to win at all
costs, which is not.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
Wow and gee whiz, Jon--looks like some of those folks you normally dismiss
with a simple-minded accusation of being "neocons" may not all sing from
the
same hymnal all the time. They actually give things a bit of independent
thought. Not at all sure one can say the same thing about the folks on
your
side of the aisle.

BTW, I gather you didn't need your boy's reminder of today that his
supporters should constantly be in the faces of his opponents' backers.

My my. I guess you didn't hear Paul Begala totally agree with that fat-f*ck
Bill Bennett on CNN a few minutes ago. None of them are insane. They're just
mostly either misguided or arrogant.

My boy? To whom are you referring?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dave wrote:
Wow and gee whiz, Jon--looks like some of those folks you normally dismiss
with a simple-minded accusation of being "neocons" may not all sing from the
same hymnal all the time. They actually give things a bit of independent
thought. Not at all sure one can say the same thing about the folks on your
side of the aisle.

BTW, I gather you didn't need your boy's reminder of today that his
supporters should constantly be in the faces of his opponents' backers.

"Your boy"? Attorneys are usually careful in their choice of words.

Curiously,
Martin
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Marty" wrote in message
news
Dave wrote:
Wow and gee whiz, Jon--looks like some of those folks you normally
with a simple-minded accusation of being "neocons" may not all sing from
the
same hymnal all the time. They actually give things a bit of independent
thought. Not at all sure one can say the same thing about the folks on
your
side of the aisle.

BTW, I gather you didn't need your boy's reminder of today that his
supporters should constantly be in the faces of his opponents' backers.

"Your boy"? Attorneys are usually careful in their choice of words.

Curiously,
Martin

Maybe he was talking about my nephew. I call him "my boy" from time to
time... mostly when he says something dumb. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message
news
Dave wrote:
Wow and gee whiz, Jon--looks like some of those folks you normally
with a simple-minded accusation of being "neocons" may not all sing from
the
same hymnal all the time. They actually give things a bit of independent
thought. Not at all sure one can say the same thing about the folks on
your
side of the aisle.

BTW, I gather you didn't need your boy's reminder of today that his
supporters should constantly be in the faces of his opponents' backers.

"Your boy"? Attorneys are usually careful in their choice of words.

Curiously,
Martin

Maybe he was talking about my nephew. I call him "my boy" from time to
time... mostly when he says something dumb. LOL

Maybe Dave's under some stress, perhaps he has, or had shares in Lehman
Bros., or AIG....?

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Marty" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message
news
Dave wrote:
[...]

I think we should give him the benefit of the debt. LOL

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
: On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:21:24 -0400, Marty said:
:
: BTW, I gather you didn't need your boy's reminder of today that his
: supporters should constantly be in the faces of his opponents' backers.
:
:
: "Your boy"? Attorneys are usually careful in their choice of words.
:
: I was. I love to rub it in to those who insist on the politically correct.

I got Jonathan's "boy" right here. grabbing crotch

--
Gregory Hall

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:21:24 -0400, Marty said:

BTW, I gather you didn't need your boy's reminder of today that his
supporters should constantly be in the faces of his opponents' backers.

"Your boy"? Attorneys are usually careful in their choice of words.

I was. I love to rub it in to those who insist on the politically correct.

So, you think that by referring to Obama as "boy" you elevate the
conversation??

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:35:58 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

I was. I love to rub it in to those who insist on the politically
correct.

So, you think that by referring to Obama as "boy" you elevate the
conversation??

No, but I do reduce you and your politically correct cohort to babbling.
Fun
to watch.

I don't think you have the authority to "reduce" me to anything. I have no
interest in being politically correct. However, I see no need to offend
people unnecessarily. It's called being an adult.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
said:

I was. I love to rub it in to those who insist on the politically
correct.

So, you think that by referring to Obama as "boy" you elevate the
conversation??

No, but I do reduce you and your politically correct cohort to babbling.
Fun
to watch.

I don't think you have the authority to "reduce" me to anything. I have no
interest in being politically correct. However, I see no need to offend
people unnecessarily. It's called being an adult.

What a dope! He says: " I have no interest in being politically correct.
However, I see no need to offend people unnecessarily."

Well, DUH! Seeing no need to offend people unnecessarily is the very
definition of PC. Geez!!! Everything this guy says is contradictory. A mind
is a terrible thing to waste.

--
Gregory Hall