posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Fantastic Sailing again!

while the 35s5 lifts and exceeds hull speed with a wooosh that is
as fun as it is common in a good breeze.

LOL............... I haven't seen any 35s5s "woooshing" past the
competition in any regattas.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Moreover, you've claimed many times that your Benny has a low
rating because it attracts better skippers

ROFLOL.............. Yea, that's quite a fabrication since there are
not that many of those things racing. Oh, and the ones that are
suck. Some boats that have been effected by skipper performance over
the years are the J24, MUMM30, etc. Classes with lots of boats that
participate on the world stage. Maybe in the Matrix the 35s5 is a
large class.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

You clearly don't understand the fractional rig at all. Most of
the
35s5's drive comes from the mainsail. She does everything well under
her main alone, even besting hull speed with good wind..

Can the rest of you see that the Boob has read too many J-Boat
brochures? Boobie even though your designer boat has a fractional rig
it doesn't have a huge main that would power that tub around like it's
a race boat w/ a fractional rig. Give it up. Beneteaus are designed
for the average bloke who is also considering a Catalina or a Hunter.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. **** head" wrote in message
ups.com...
Nauti-babble!

Credibility with....a guy who sails a Siedelmann,

Nope, you have no credability with me. never have, never
will, none, nada, zip, ziltch, zeroe.

The NS36 did not respond that way.

prolly because he wan't racing you.

I'm too old to race

and too stupid.

The 35s5 is tricky to sail at
it's best and hard for the average racer to deal with.
It's just not a great

well, it just a stepping stone anyways.

We passed the NS36 with just our mainsail on Saturday in

fairly strong
winds, yes, he was anchored at the time, so what.

Oh

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. **** Head" wrote ...

We passed the NS36 with main alone. TWICE. once on
the way out past his slip, and again while returning past

his slip.

Boob****, the anti-sailor

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Its not really worth spending any time on this. In true booby form,
he
first told the story with winds "just short of whitecaps" but then
after
I showed that it would take winds over 20 knots he changes the
story
to "gusts over 20."

Uh, Jeff, do you KNOW when white caps form. Check the BEAUFORT WIND
SCALE, which says crested WAVELETS at 17-21 knots. Full whitecaps
around 22-27 knots and this is ESTIMATED.

I don't know where you learned Beaufort from; here's Bowditch's version:

Force 3: Wind Speed 7-10 knots.
Sea: Wave height 0.6-1m (2-3 ft); Large wavelets, crests begin to break,
scattered whitecaps.

Force 4: Wind Speed 11-16 knots.
Sea: Wave height 1-1.5 m (3.5-5 ft); Small waves becoming longer,
numerous whitecaps.

Force 5: Wind Speed 17-21 knots.
Sea: Wave height 2-2.5 m (6-8 ft); Moderate waves, taking longer form,
many whitecaps, some spray.

Force 6: Wind Speed 22-27 knots.
Sea: Wave height 3-4 m (9.5-13 ft); Larger waves forming, whitecaps
everywhere, more spray.

Clearly these are for open ocean, but even in the protected waters where
I sailed everyday for 15 years, essentially a pond a mile across,
whitecaps meant 18 knots or more, and no whitecaps meant 15 or under.

And of course, the local marine weather recording station, 2 miles from
your slip, recorded only one 6 minute period on that day where there
were gusts over 20 knots and there was a steady 15. The rest of the day
was much lighter.

In other words, he agreed completely with me and
simply changed his story to make sense.

We passed the NS36 with main alone. TWICE.

So that means the NS had to pass you?

Wind conditions we 15-20
knots with some strong gusts above that.

Odd, that's not what the local weather said. What time was that again?

Steady winds 22-27 knots
usually bring whitecaps on protected waters, Jeff.

Odd, we get whitecaps in much lower winds here on the Charles, and
that's only a mile across. Is the water thicker where you are? Do you
sail in Willie Wonka's factory?

As for the rating of the NS 36 SD, USSailing lists it as 141

Yep, so Jeff claims the NS36 is right there with a J30,

First of all the NS 36 SD and NS 36 are somewhat different. And I stand
by my claim, USSailing lists the SD at 141:

http://www.ussailing.org/phrf/Tool_%...G%20Report.pdf

But again this is besides that point. Assuming the "blue Nonsuch" was
not a SD version, Booby is claiming his boat would rate 156 without a jib.

Around here, the NS 36 rates 165.

Wrong. Here's the latest Base Rating for your area:

http://yralis.org/070831-base-rating.pdf

The Nonsuch 36 has a base of 156, but picks up some points for cruising
gear. The 35s5 rates 129, and the 35s5 W is 132. Oddly, the only 35s5
racing has an adjusted rating is 138 (mainly weight adjustment), so a
wing keel version with the same adjustment would race at 141, or only 15
points lower than a stock Nonsuch would. In other words, the Long
Island Sound ratings completely support my claim that the 35s5W is not
so much faster than a NS 36 that it could pass it without a jib in winds
under 20 knots.

In addition, they also list a Nonsuch 33 that races in non-spinnaker
with a rating of 147, only 9 points higher than the 35s5 in non-spinnaker.

Actually, if the benny raced with a 135 jib (instead of a nominal
145-155), it could raise its rating 6 more points. Although they don't
show further adjustments, one would have to guess a 100% jib would be
worth at least another 6-9 points, bringing it right up there with the
Nonsuch 36, and maybe even slower than the Nonsuch 33! And lets not
forget that a A/C would raise the rating 3 points!

Sorry to bust your little bubble, booby. I'm sure that you pass lots of
Nonsuch's that aren't paying any attention to you. When I had a Nonsuch
I passed lots of Beneteau's that didn't know they were in a race, either!

And that's that. The way we sail by
all anchored Nonsuch vessels reflects that rating. Nothing beats Matrix
experience, Jeff. I'm in the Matrix while you've been sailing
all summer.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Lord, Sloco is dumb!

Can the rest of you see that the Boob has read too many J-Boat
brochures? Boobie even though your designer boat has a fractional
rig
it doesn't have a huge main that

It doesn't have a large main???

J34 C 256 feet

J35 327 feet

J105 340 feet

Beneteau 35s5 sq. feet...a whopping 371

Sloco sure knows his boats!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...TOTAL SMACKDOWN!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Beneteaus are designed
for the average bloke who is also considering a Catalina or a Hunter.

Yeah, only mine is faster than yours! So is the even older 345!!!!

BWAHAHAAAHA!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Sorry to bust your little bubble, booby. I'm sure that you pass lots
of
Nonsuch's that aren't paying any attention to you.

I guess ALL of the boats we pass aren't paying attention. No one can
sail them well it would appear.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but we pass the Nonsuch boats all the
time, so they must ALL be badly sailed according to you.

The best part of this, not lost on a few folks for certain, is that
hilarious fact that I've had Jeff defending to the poor turtlesque
Nonsuch against my 35s5 sailing WITHOUT THE JIB!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! AMAZING BUT TRUE!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sorry to bust your little bubble, booby. I'm sure that

you pass lots
of
Nonsuch's that aren't paying any attention to you.

I guess ALL of the boats we pass aren't paying attention.

No one can
sail them well it would appear.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but we pass the Nonsuch boats

all the
time,

Sigh.
I pass Porsches and BMWs all the time in my truck.
I guess I have a really fast AND FUN truck, eh?

SBV

Fantastic Sailing! Capt. Rob ASA 1 July 2nd 07 04:46 PM
Represent yourself on the Internet with fantastic deals. Buildingshops.com General 0 July 8th 06 04:52 PM
C-Series Fantastic AIS Support Pascal Electronics 3 April 24th 06 11:11 AM
Fantastic Weekend Bobsprit ASA 5 May 24th 04 12:37 PM
Fantastic Sail!!!! Bobsprit ASA 3 May 12th 04 11:02 PM