posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Fantastic Sailing again!

I pass Porsches and BMWs all the time in my truck.
I guess I have a really fast AND FUN truck, eh?

That's right little Scotty Potty! Cars and sailboats are exactly the
same! Good point. I knew we keep you around here for a reason!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Sorry to bust your little bubble, booby. I'm sure that you pass lots
of
Nonsuch's that aren't paying any attention to you.

I guess ALL of the boats we pass aren't paying attention. No one can
sail them well it would appear.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but we pass the Nonsuch boats all the
time, so they must ALL be badly sailed according to you.

The best part of this, not lost on a few folks for certain, is that
hilarious fact that I've had Jeff defending to the poor turtlesque
Nonsuch against my 35s5 sailing WITHOUT THE JIB!!!!!!

Defending rather well, given that I showed that a Nonsuch 33 races in
your waters with a rating only a few points higher than the only 35s5
that races in LIS. Most people here now appreciate that a Nonsuch could
probably beat your boat pretty easily, especially if you're at the helm.

Here's the current list of LIS PHRF racers:
http://yralis.org/070831-valid-certs.pdf

Search on "Breathless" to find the only 35s5, a fin keel boat (wing
would be +3) that races at 138. Search on "Skylark" for the NS 33 that
races at 147.

That makes all of your ranting sound like the bull**** it is!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Here's the current list of LIS PHRF racers:
http://yralis.org/070831-valid-certs.pdf

And here's the list that reflects average ratings across the country:

http://www.pipeline.com/~wayneb/phrflis.htm#j

The typical rating given to the 35s5 is 129 for WK/SR. Last year it
was lowered to 126, but I don't know why. Google 35s5 WK PHRF and the
most common number is 129. Now do Nonsuch 36 PHRF and almost
everything is 156. Get over it, Jeff. It's not a racer and needs MUCHO
air to get off it's ass.

No NS 36 has been even close to the speed of the 35s5, Jeff. Sorry.
Like I said, I guess all of the Nonsuch vessels we see are badly
sailed, since they are always pretty slow unless it's blowing hard!
You are really crazy. My 35s5 carries 371 sq. feet of main and 302 sq
feet of headsail and weighs 3 TONS less than the tubby nonsuch. In the
real world, Jeff...which you should visit, the boats are not close at
all. The 35s5 trounces boats like the Nonsuch and has fun doing it!

But I've enjoyed the "idea" that a Nonsuch is faster or as fast as a
J30, which is a bit slower than my boat! I oughta know since a J30
owner sails on my boat often and along with it. He must not know how
to sail either. That's your only answer, Jeff....no one can sail!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Here's the current list of LIS PHRF racers:
http://yralis.org/070831-valid-certs.pdf

And here's the list that reflects average ratings across the country:

Sorry Booby, just yesterday you were ranting about the ratings "in your
area" and that ratings for others didn't count. So I found the relevant
ratings and the most recent certificates from your local authority. The
bottom line: the only 35s5 that races in your area rates 138 with the
fin keel. A Nonsuch 33 races in the same division at 147 (I'm guessing
his rating is because he flies a chute). If you add 3 points for your
wing keel, 3 points for your A/C, and six points for your small jib, you
rate 3 seconds slower than the Nonsuch!

RB
35s5 - almost as fast as a Nonsuch
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

A Nonsuch 33 races in the same division at 147 (I'm guessing
his rating is because he flies a chute). If you add 3 points for
your
wing keel, 3 points for your A/C, and six points for your small jib,
you
rate 3 seconds slower than the Nonsuch!

There are many 35s5's racing around the country, Jeff. Google them.
We have no way of knowing why the 35s5 rates 138, which is way above
average. On the other hand a rating of 147 is still going to get
clobbered by our boat.
No amount of sail is going to make up a 3 ton liability between two
boats of this type, 3 tons and the Nonsuch carries only a bit more
sail area, has more wetted surface and isn't shaped for speed at all.
Get over it. Jeff. I'm off for some sailing on a J24 now...another
boat that passes Nonsuch 36's in a lot of situations. Enjoy a great
weather day!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Sorry Booby, just yesterday you were ranting about the ratings "in
your
area" and that ratings for others didn't count.

In MOST areas, the 35s5 WK rates 129. In MOST areas the Nonsuch rates
156.
Now you found the exceptions and want to make it the rule. Doesn't
work that way, Jeff. And as I said, YRA of the LIS rates my boat at
126, a tough rating to sail to unless my boat was in perfect tune and
crewed by very seasoned people. If I wanted to race in something as
childish as PHRF, I'd rather race aboard a Catalina 30 or Pearson 33,
boats that can be sailed to their ratings by an average group.
My trolls, my rules!

Nonsuch: When getting there first is second, better late than never
aboard a Nonsuch 36!

PDQ: When the beauty and romance of sailing has been replaced by
brittle bones and liver spots, it's time for the PDQ experience!

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My last post until tonight, Jeff....gotta run
for a sail with Thomas on a J. He's gonna love it!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. Rob wrote:
Sorry Booby, just yesterday you were ranting about the ratings "in
your
area" and that ratings for others didn't count.

In MOST areas, the 35s5 WK rates 129. In MOST areas the Nonsuch rates
156.
Now you found the exceptions and want to make it the rule. Doesn't
work that way, Jeff.

Yes, it does work that way. I was willing to use the national ratings
and you kept insisting that in your area the NS rates higher. You made
the "rules" and now they bit you in the ass!

And as I said, YRA of the LIS rates my boat at
126, a tough rating to sail to unless my boat was in perfect tune and
crewed by very seasoned people.

I repeat, the only 35s5 with a LIS certificate races at 138. Just a few
seconds faster than a NS33!

RB
35s5 - Almost as fast as a Nonsuch!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Jeff wrote: The 35s5 rates 129, and the 35s5 W is 132. Oddly, the
only 35s5 racing has an adjusted rating is 138 (mainly weight
adjustment), so a wing keel version with the same adjustment would
race at 141

Oh my god! The Boob is down for the count. His designer yacht rates
the same as my "lowly" "old" Express 30. But the funny thing is I've
never been past by the PHRF 'C' fleet that started 5 minutes behind
me. I guess the 35s5 needs another rating adjustment.

35s5: The boat with the Boob's configuration rates the same as an
Express 30. BAAWWWWAAAAAA

Fantastic Sailing! Capt. Rob ASA 1 July 2nd 07 04:46 PM
Represent yourself on the Internet with fantastic deals. Buildingshops.com General 0 July 8th 06 04:52 PM
C-Series Fantastic AIS Support Pascal Electronics 3 April 24th 06 11:11 AM
Fantastic Weekend Bobsprit ASA 5 May 24th 04 12:37 PM
Fantastic Sail!!!! Bobsprit ASA 3 May 12th 04 11:02 PM