posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Fantastic Sailing again!

I'm sure its very hard for you! But all you're saying is that your
real
rating should be much higher, perhaps higher than the Nonsuch!

Hey, anything's possible with PHRF and I sure don't put much stock in
it. The best way to see what's what is to sail with another boat and
see how fast it is. I have a LOT of friends with boats, so it's easy
to see how my boat does against various designs. That big Freedom I
posted a pic of (The big cat-ketch) flew right by us AND the Nonsuch
36. I have no problem with a boat being "faster" than ours like poor
Sloco is always worried about. Most 35 footers fall behind our boat
and she holds her own with a J30 or Santana 30/30. Then throw in the
comfort, fun factor, room above and below...and she's one of the
better choices if you can spend about 65K for a quick cruiser.
If I had ANY desire to race, it would never be on a 35s5, Express 30
or J30. I'd buy a J35 or J24 and race in class like a grown up.
For now...I wanna play.

PS. We passed the NS 36 under our main alone. Spoke to Dan at North
sails this morning and told him about it and how pleased we are with
the 35s5 when sailing her dinghy style. He said he used to do the same
with a first 345 and still pass a lot of boats with just one sail
flying.

Cheers!

RB
35s5
NY

Fantastic Sailing! Capt. Rob ASA 1 July 2nd 07 04:46 PM
Represent yourself on the Internet with fantastic deals. Buildingshops.com General 0 July 8th 06 04:52 PM
C-Series Fantastic AIS Support Pascal Electronics 3 April 24th 06 11:11 AM
Fantastic Weekend Bobsprit ASA 5 May 24th 04 12:37 PM
Fantastic Sail!!!! Bobsprit ASA 3 May 12th 04 11:02 PM