posted to rec.boats.electronics
Pascal

Default C-Series Fantastic AIS Support

Congratulations to Raymarine Owners.

Have just give a fast reading on Chapter 11 of "C-Series Display
Reference Guide" and I am very impressed with the complete AIS support
on this unit with the 3.16 software update. I do not have one, but I
think I will need buy one asap.

See the new mannuals at:

http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/D...on=3&page=1046

Pascal

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Hi Pascal,

I put a message on www.brookhouseonline.com under "customer support".
There you can read how I successfull installed AIS in C 80 and the
charting software.

Nico

posted to rec.boats.electronics
nimbusgb

I do not have one, but I think I will need buy one asap.

Perhaps, just possibly and if we are *very* lucky the marketing boys
down at Raymarine will begin to get the message that selling open
systems is actually more beneficial to the industry than selling
closed, proprietary systems.

Todays consumer demands choice and wants to know that he can mix and
match his purchases without being held to ransom by any one vendor.

Ian

posted to rec.boats.electronics
John Proctor

On 2006-04-24 19:15:30 +1000, "nimbusgb" said:

I do not have one, but I think I will need buy one asap.

Perhaps, just possibly and if we are *very* lucky the marketing boys
down at Raymarine will begin to get the message that selling open
systems is actually more beneficial to the industry than selling
closed, proprietary systems.

Todays consumer demands choice and wants to know that he can mix and
match his purchases without being held to ransom by any one vendor.

Ian

Don't single out Raymarine on that count. All marine vendors are
proprietary as hell. Just try to get one of their connectors! Open
means more than up-dateable software! Common connectors and the like
come into it as well. We are just starting to see a glimmer of
openness. However I am not holding my breath for a truly open marine
electronics system!

--
Regards,
John D Proctor